Can You Dig It?

Percy on Deck

Chapter 9 - Can You Dig It?

Tuesday, October 7th, 2014

PERCY

The next two months went by quickly. They'd been to Sweden, where Percy had stayed with Moseby trying to get a table fixed, while Cody, Zack, Bailey, and London cleared the twins' ancestors' names. They had hosted a bachelor party for Esteban, the twins' friend from the Boston Tipton Hotel. He'd 'wrestled' a fake crocodile when Cody forgot to do his homework. He'd even helped Cody solve a mystery about a stolen book, while Woody and Zack played 'hoops', in London, England.

Percy continued to talk with London late at night every Saturday morning at 2 AM. He also continued to work on his water powers, and fight in fencing tournaments, being unbeaten.

The SS Titpon was currently docked in South America.

Anyways, Percy was in the ship's lobby with Zack, Cody, Woody, Bailey, and London.

"Okay class, today we will be visiting the ancient of Zaria," Miss Tutweiller said coming over.

"I read tourist's can participate in a real archaeological excavation," Cody said.

"I haven't been this excited about digging stuff up, since our home got swallowed up in the mud flood of aught 4 which followed the flood of aught 3 and the locusts swarm of aught 2," Bailey said.

"You know what? You outta move," London said.

"Now I assume you all did your reading and prepared for today's dig," Miss Tutweiller said, "She said doubtfully".

"I didn't do the reading but I'm prepared!" London said "I brought my own pail and shovel."

"Wow what do you use for a microscope? Something so old it was designed by Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek," Cody scoffed.

Percy rolled his eyes.

"Good one!" Bailey said "Ouch."

London looked forward looking confused

"You know I've heard better trash talk from mimes," Woody said.

"Let's go," Percy said.

Three hours later, Percy walked into the clearing of the excavation dig with Zack and London.

"Man that bus ride to the top of the mountain was awesome," Zack said.

"I can't believe how narrow that road was," Percy said.

"I was so sure we we're gonna fall of the side to a fiery death," London said, "Didn't you think so Miss Tutweiller?"

Miss Tutweiller appeared being supported by Cody and Bailey. "Stop the bus we're gonna die!" Miss Tutweiller yelled.

"Miss Tutweiller snap out of it we're off the bus," London said as they sat her down on a rock.

"Why can't I breath?" Miss Tutweiller said still panicking.

"Because we're at 12.000 feet," a man said, "But it is okay. Relax. Welcome I am Luis your guide and you are?"

"Single," Miss Tutweiller said.

Percy snickered, and she glared at him.

"Um Emma Tutweiller and this is my class from Seven Seas High."

"So kids and lovely teacher," Luis said, making Miss Tutweiller laugh. Then snort. "Today I will take you on a journey to the past."

"Goodie I want to go back to this morning when I was on a luxury cruise ship and not a big pile of dirt," London said she closed her eyes.