Prologue

PROLOGUE

When Percy Jackson left Camp Half Blood for good, he was 16.

After winning the Giant War and slaying Gaea herself, Percy found that all of his friends were growing more and more distant. They rarely spoke with him anymore, nobody sparred with him anymore, and even Chiron didn't talk to him anymore.

Four weeks before his seventeenth birthday, Percy was sitting alone on Zeus's fist when his father, Poseidon, appeared before him.

"Percy," he said. " I know most of your friends are avoiding you."

"Why, Dad" Cried Percy, "why do they avoid me. What did I do."

Poseidon frowned. "Many of my kids experience this". He said sadly. "The truth is they're scared, Percy, they're scared."

"Of me!" Exclaimed Percy.

"Yes son." Said Poseidon, "and though I don't want to do this, I'm afraid that I must ask you yo leave."

"Leave!" Exclaimed Percy again.

"Yes Zeus is getting paranoid about your powers." Sighed Poseidon, "We held a vote but only Hades, Hestia, Hermes, and I voted for you to stay. But the vote was 2 to 10 since Hades and Hestia aren't Olympians."

"What! After all I've done for them."

"I'm sorry son, but there is nothing I can do," but then he grinned, "I'm supposed to strip you of your powers and take Anaklusmos, but I won't. You'll need them out there you're still a demigod son of the big three."

Tears listened in Percy's eyes. "But won't you get in trouble dad?"

"Yes I will, but I will only get punished for half a century. You on the other hand will die without them.

"I'm sending you to a high school on a cruise ship so you can finish your studies safety in my domain." Said Poseidon.

"Dad, will I see you again?" Asked Percy.

"I hope so, but I don't know. I wish you the best. I will inform your mother and stepfather of your location. And Percy you will probably need this." Said Poseidon he handed Percy a phone.

"Dad you know cell phones attract monsters."

"Not this one, Hermes and I modified this smartphone so it won't and it's waterproof."

Thunder rumbled. "My time grows short." The God of the sea snapped his fingers and a suitcase appeared next to Percy. He quickly hugged Percy, who like himself was tearing up. "Good luck," he said snapping his fingers and everything went black.

Percy appeared at a port in Australia right next to a gigantic Cruise ship. "The SS Tonipt." read Percy. He pulled on the backpack and walked up the gangplank. He reached into his pocket and felt the familiar weight of Anaklusmos, his sword pen.

He stood on the deck looking around not sure which direction he should go. He saw a blond boy his age, maybe younger folding towels a few feet away and walked up to him.

"Hey I'm here for the high school, do you know where I'm supposed to go?" Percy asked the boy.

"Yeah sure." the boy said, "I'm Cody. I go to Seven Seas High." He extended out a hand, which Percy gladly shook. He would need to find new friends.

"I'm Percy."

"I'll take you there in a second." said Cody, "I just need to fold this towel."

A few minutes later, Cody took Percy inside to a desk near an elevator.

"Hey Mr. Moseby," said Cody to a darker skinned man who was standing near the desk reading a book title "Teh donwers of teh kectop kcanhy". Percy silently cursed his dyslexia.

The man looked up from the book. "Hello Cody, what can I do for you. Oh who is your friend. Please tell me he his more like you and less like your hooligan twin."

"This is Percy he is a new student here." said Cody.

Mr. Moseby looked down at a paper in front of him. "Sorry, there isn't a Percy on the list."

"My real name is Perseus," said Percy.

Moseby looked down again, "Ah Mr. Perseus Jackson?"

"That's me!" exclaimed Percy, "but I go by Percy."

Moseby handed Percy a piece of paper. "You just need to fill in this form and you're all set. You're even prepaid."

Percy stared at the page. "tinrp mean" read Percy.

Cody snickered and Percy frowned.

Mr. Moseby raised an eyebrow.

"Oh yeah I forgot to mention," said Percy, "I'm dyslexic."

"Oh of course," said Moseby. "I'll fill it out for you."

"Full name?" he asked

"Perseus Jackson."

"Current Date, July 27, 2014, Gender, Male." he said to himself. "Date of birth," he asked.

"August 18, 1997." said Percy.

"Applying for senior?"

"Junior, actually." said Percy.

"Cody snickered, "Ha, even I have never failed a grade."

Percy frowned and turned his back on Cody only to see...another Cody. He turned back to the first Cody, "Who's the real Cody?" he asked.

"I am!" exclaimed the second, taller Cody.

Percy turned towards the other 'Cody', "You must be the hooligan twin, I'm Percy."

"Wow Cody," said 'the hooligan twin' ignoring Percy, "I told you I wasn't the dumbest person on the boat, I've never failed a grade."

"Shut up," snarled Percy. "I've never failed a grade."

"Oh yeah," said Cody's twin, "well you're too old for this to be your first time in this grade.

"You're right, but I didn't fail." said Percy.

"Shut up Zack, leave him alone," said Cody.

"Fine," said Zack. He stormed off towards one of the girls in the lobby "Hey sweet thang!"

"Let's get back to work," said Percy to Moseby.

"Forgive me for asking, but it seems like that's a touchy subject for you. You should talk to someone about it." said Cody.

"Yeah," said Moseby, "You looked ready to skin Zack alive, not that I would have minded."

"I'm just kind of annoyed I guess that all of my former friends were a grade higher even though we were the same age. 10 months ago, I fell into a coma for 8 months and when I woke up I had amnesia for 2 months."

"It's okay, you still seem like a smart kid." said Moseby, sympathetically.

"That's what all my teachers said before I got kicked out a few months later."

"One last question for your files," said Moseby, "Do you have any diseases or allergies or illnesses?"

"I'm dyslexic and I have ADHD," said Percy.

"Thank you, and here's your room key and your student card." Said Moseby.

"Thank you for your time." Said Percy.

"Sorry about my brother," said Cody as they walked out.

"Its fine, I've dealt with worse..."

(This is not my story, and any of this cast is not mine)