I Brake For Whale

Percy on Deck

Chapter 11 - I Brake for Whales

Monday, January 5th, 2015

PERCY

The first two weeks of winter break had been awesome. Though Percy hadn't been able to return to Manhattan, the SS Tipton was docked in the Bahamas, and London had paid for a month pass for all seven of them. Unfortunately, the ship had left the day before and they were now on their way to their next destination, heading south.

"Oh, she's a beauty," said Percy. "Look at her shape."

"The gentle curves of her body," said Bailey.

"The way the water glistens off her skin," said Cody.

"Ooh, is that the new swimsuit issue?" asked Zack.

Percy, Cody, and Bailey stared at him in confusion. "We're looking at whales," said Cody.

"Though I see why you could think otherwise," said Percy.

"Not really my thing," said Zack, "but I'll give it a look-see."

"It's a pod of blue whales," said Bailey.

"They were hunted almost to extinction," said Percy.

"And they're still on the endangered species list," said Cody.

"We've adopted three calves from the Jacques-Tuloose Society's website." said Bailey.

"I named mine Bailey-whaley," said Cody.

Bailey giggled. "And I named my Cody-blowholey."

"I say Moby barf," said Zack.

"Don't worry," said Percy, "I name mine something normal, Neptune."

"Like the planet?" asked Zack.

"No, the god, actually." said Percy.

"You see what I did there." Zack flirted with some girls about 'Moby barf'.

Zack and Cody started arguing.

"Guys look," said Percy.

"They're just off the coast of South America and heading in the direction of the ship." said Bailey.

"No way," said Cody, "if we're lucky, we'll be able to see our babies feasting on krill in temperature-lane waters."

"Oh, what could possible be more fun," said Zack sarcastically. "Oh wait, anything."

LONDON

"Oh hey Moseby," said London, "So when are we docking? I have to meet Daddy for the grand opening of a new Tipton hotel."

Moseby gasped. "Mr. Titpon's going to be there?"

"M-hm," said London.

"You tell him, we'll be there, right on time, if not sooner," said Moseby, excitedly.

"Here you go London," said Kirby.

London looked up to see her new (giant) keychain was here.

"Oh what is that?" asked Moseby.

"Oh my key ring," said London, "The mayor of Valparaiso is giving me the key to the city, and since I figured it was for the whole city, it must be huge." London giggled.

"Yeah," said Moseby and Kirby at the same time.

"You know I could use one of those," said Kirby, "I've got a lot of keys." He held up a bunch of keys.