New To School

Percy on Deck

Chapter 3: New to School

Percy

August 3,2014

It was not easy in any way getting used to Zack. Due to the fact that the teacher and six of her students as well as the ship's manager had fallen off the ship, the first week of school had been canceled.

Percy was in no way a neat freak, but he wasn't a slob either. He didn't enjoy opening the door only to have a pair of dirty underwear thrown in his face.

During his first week, Percy got to know Cody, Zack, London, Bailey, and Woody.

Cody and Zack told him about times from when they used to live at the Tipton Hotel in Boston. Percy hadn't believed them at first, but after London backed them up, he believed them. Cody told him about all of the pranks he got roped into by Zack. Zack and London both told him about Maddie, a girl who Zack had crushed on since he was twelve and a girl who was London's only true friend. Bailey had exclaimed "hey" when London had said that, and London said "besides the hideously dressed farm girl." Bailey told him about her family farm in Kettlecorn and about her nine sisters and her parents. Woody told him about how much he hated Steve, and London told him about being rich and her dog Ivana.

All in all, Percy enjoyed everything about the week (besides Zack's mess and leaving dirty clothes all over his bed).

It was Saturday afternoon and the six were enjoying a drink made by Zack, while Cody told them about how Zack maxed out their cards, when Tutweiller's voice came over the PA. "Attention all students of Seven Seas High, school will start tomorrow. Any new students, please report to the Biology Lab for orientation." Percy excused himself and headed off to the Lab.

"Welcome students," said Ms. Tutweiller. "My name is Ms. Tutweiller. I will be your teacher in..well everything. How about we start by introducing ourselves.

"What are we, three?" said one of the four other new students, "I'm Jonah Green."

"I'm Jenna," said one of the two girls. Percy recognized her as the girl Zack was flirting with before they were lost at sea.

"I'm Merissa," said the other. Percy recognized her as the girl who outsmarted Woody, when he tried to be her welcome body.

"I'm James Chase." said the other boy. Percy couldn't help but flinch. Chase, he thought.

"I'm Percy Jackson." said Percy.

"Well students," Ms. Tutweiller. "It seems we have a small class this semester. We have a total of 11 students this semester. If you need anything be sure to ask me or one of the older students. Enjoy the rest of your day. Remember school resumes tommorow"