School Is Out

Percy on Deck

Chapter 15 - School is Out

Friday, June 12, 2015

PERCY

Percy left the classroom with Zack.

The two headed back to their room.

"So what are you doing this summer?" asked Zack.

"I'm just going to stay with my mom," said Percy. "What about you?"

"Cody and I are headed back to Boston, but we'll return before our birthday." said Zack.

"Great, I'll have to deal with Mr. Know-It all again." scowled Percy.

"I would have thought you would have made up by now." said Zack. "I mean, even at Woody and Addison's joint birthday party last month you smashed the cake with a baseball bat."

"That was because Cody was throwing the balls at me, and he has terrible aim." muttered Percy.

Percy put the last of his stuff in the bag.

"So I guess this is our last day," said Percy. "I'm leaving tomorrow."

"Not me," said Zack. "I'm still on the boat for two days. The S.S. Tipton is sailing south to Boston."

"Cool, you wanna go to the pool?" asked Percy.

"Sure."

BAILEY

Bailey sat on the Skydeck at the Juice Bar with Woody.

"So you're leaving to Cleveland tomorrow?" asked Bailey.

"Yeah," said Woody, "And you're taking a plane to Kettlecorn, right."

"Yeah," said Bailey.

"How did everything go wrong?" asked Woody.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, like Cody and Percy hate each other. You and London hate each other. London and Percy hate each other, and you and Cody aren't exactly best friends."

Bailey sighed. "I guess you're right."

Third POV

Saturday, June 13, 2014

A teenage girl with electric blue eyes and spiked black hair stood on top of a tower in New York overlooking the port. She wore a silver hunting outfit, no longer wearing punk rock type clothes. A bow was strapped over her back, and twin silver hunting knives and a canister of mace were strapped to her waist.

She was currently looking through binoculars looking at the port.

"He's there." She reported to her companion.

Her companion, a 14 year old emo boy was twirling a black sword that looked like death itself. A black knife was strapped to his waist, as was a currently empty scabbard. He wore two skull rings, and all black clothing.

"What's he doing," the boy asked.

The girl looked through the binoculars again.

'He' was saying something to a girl in a red dress. He waved goodbye, as the girl entered a taxi, and drove off. The boy reached into his pocket and pulled out a sea-green rectangular object that the girl assumed was a phone. He dialed in something, then started to talk into the phone.

"He's talking on the phone." said the girl. She turned towards the boy who was with her on the roof..

The boy raised an eyebrow. "What about his scent."

"I'm sure a year at sea hasn't dulled his memory of the godly world," said the girl.

"He hasn't been attacked since September," said the boy, rolling his eyes, "he's probably gotten arrogant and sloppy."

"You're just annoyed that-" started the girl. "Whoa!"

"What!" asked the boy.

"He's gone." said the girl.

"What!" exclaimed the boy again.

"The water swirled around him, then he disintegrated." said the girl.

"Vapor Travel?" exclaimed the boy.

"Spill, Nico." scowled the girl.

The boy, now identified as Nico, grinned. "I've heard stories in the underworld. Only the strongest sons of Poseidon have ever done it. The only mortal son of Poseidon to ever do it was Orion, and he only did it once in his entire life."

"Where would he go?" asked the girl.

"Now my dear cousin," said Nico with a hellish smile, "he'll go see his mom."

PERCY

After a reunion with his mom and stepfather, and being introduced to his half-sister, Percy lugged his suitcase and backpack into his new room. He dumped his stuff on the floor, and hopped into his bed. Percy closed his eyes hoping for some rest.

A second later, someone coughed, and in an instant, Anaklusmos was out pointing at two familiar figures.

"Thalia? Nico?" asked Percy.

"Hello Percy," said Thalia Grace, "We have much to talk about."