Birthday On Deck(Part 2)

Percy on Deck

Chapter 8 - Birthday on Deck (Part 2)

Saturday, August 18, 2014

ZACK

Now, Zack wasn't quite sure why everybody else had shut up, but he had a pretty good idea. Most likely it was the seven and a half foot boy named Tyson, who was apparently Percy's brother. And when he had first come over, Zack could have sworn he had only had one eye for a second.

What happened next also surprised Zack. A knife had literally appeared out of nowhere. London had screamed, and then she tried to stab Tyson.

But the thing that surprised him the most had been Percy's reaction. In a second, Percy was holding his fencing sword, and London's knife was flying through the air, straight into the Easy Squeezy sign.

"London!" exclaimed Bailey.

"What are you doing?" asked Cody.

"He's a monster, a cyclops!" yelled London.

"A Who-clops?" said Zack, "and I'm pretty sure he's just really tall, not a monster."

"No you're all blinded by the Mist!" yelled London, fearfully, "he's a cyclops."

"London," said Moseby, "There are no such things as a Cyclops-"

"London," said Percy who had been quiet for sometime, "did you say Mist? Are you a half-blood?"

London gasped. "Are you one?"

Percy nodded.

London rolled up her sleeve, revealing a tattoo showing a heart and three stripes.

"London," said Moseby, "when did you get a tattoo, you're father will not be happy."

Percy rolled up his sleeve revealing similar tattoo, except that there was a three pointed spear instead of a heart and only one stripe.

London gasped again, "a son of..."

Percy nodded.

"Wait London is a half-blood!" exclaimed Miss. Tutweiller, "she's been on the ship for a year and a half, and I didn't notice!"

Suddenly Tyson sniffed the air, "You work for daddy," he exclaimed.

When Zack, Cody, Woody, Bailey, and Moseby gave her a questioning look, she blushed.

"I used to," she said, "but now I'm a teacher."

"What's a half-blood?" asked Zack suspiciously.

"Well basically its a fancy word for a kid who has ADHD and Dyslexia and goes to our camp." explained Percy.

"Well technically," said London, "I'm not a half-blood. My mom was, I'm a legacy."

"Never mind," said Tyson, "Open Daddy and My gift to you." He pointed to a gift wrapped up in blue wrapping paper.

Percy opened up the package and revealed a necklace with five beads on it and a watch.

"Is this?" asked Percy.

"Yeah!" said Tyson, "Enthusiastically. Your Camp Half-Blood necklace and your watch."

"There's a new bead?" asked Percy.

The bead showed a broken trident and a picture of the Earth.

"It was this years bead." said Tyson. "Try the watch," he said.

He put it on next to London's watch and tapped the button. The watch spiraled open revealing images of the Sea of Monsters...