Breakup In Paris

Percy on Deck

Chapter 14 - Breakup in Paris

Monday, April 27, 2015

ZACK

Percy, Zack, Woody, Cody, Bailey, and Mr. Moseby stood in front of a picture of the Mona Lisa.

Zack was posing while Woody took pictures.

"Oh ho ho! I love Paris," said Moseby, grinning. "I mean just think of all the great writers that have walked these streets...Voltaire, Flaubert, Moliere."

"Don't care." said Percy. "Yeah, I bet none of them wore stretchy shorts."

"I am dressed this way to root on my favorite team in the Tour De France!" said Moseby.

"You know, most fans just make a sign," said Woody.

"Oh. I am more than just a fan." scoffed Moseby. "It was a brisk fall day, Colorado, 1991."

"Here we go," said Zack, Woody, and Percy at the same time.

"You know what," said Percy, "I'm going to the beach." He walked off.

"The US Cycling Team was training two of its most promising members, Lance Armstrong and....Marion 'Spokes' Moseby. Lance and I were ready to race into the record books. But, alas it wasn't meant to be."

"Why? Your feet couldn't reach the pedals on a big-boy bike?" asked Zack. He laughed.

"No," emphasized Moseby, "I was careening down a hill, my shaved legs slicing through the wind, when my chain broke...as did my tibia, my fibula, and my dreams."

"Wow, Mr. Moseby," said Woody, "You have failed at so many things...Cycling, croquet, badminton."

"Don't forget love," said Zack.

"Oh, yeah," said Woody

LONDON

"I love Paris! It looks just like the postcards." said Bailey.

"But who is this woman I keep seeing everywhere?" asked London. "Is she the mayor?"

"Anyways, I really want to get Cody a special anniversary gift...something he really needs, but would never get himself."

"A decent-looking girlfriend? I'd chip in for that."

"Okay! France!" said Bailey. She reached into her pocket and pulled out a World Map.

"What is that?" asked London.

"Oh, a map of the world." said Bailey. "I color in all the countries where you've insulted me."

"How did I miss Norway?" asked London, "We were docked there for an entire day."

"You didn't. You said when I went to shore they'd rename the country 'Boreway.'"

"Oh yeah," grinned London.

"I just forgot to color it in." said Bailey.

CODY

A Few hours later:

"London, will you please go on a date with me?" asked Cody.

"First of all...." She laughed.

"Second of all...Uck! And third of all..." She laughed again. "Oh wait, I already did that."

"Come on. I planned my anniversary date with Bailey." said Cody, "And I want you to do a dry run with me, just to make sure everything's perfect."

"Not gonna happen. Don't like helping people." said London.

"I'll tell Percy," said Cody, "And he'll be impressed if you do."