Butterflies

"Karl, why did you get so red earlier when you were holding my hand?" Sapnap teases a little.

"I-I um, you were red too" Karl stutters, "you're stuttering Karl, do I make you nervous?" Sapnap smirks. "yes" Karl looks up at Sapnap. Sapnap's heart was racing, he didn't know what to say, the beautiful brown haired boy in front of him just agreed to something he was joking about. Was Karl joking as well? Karl was surely joking, there is no way that Karl being serious. "Karl, a-are you being serious?" Sapnap looks up at Karl, Karl looks away "maybe..." Sapnap gets butterflies. "Wow you're such a tease" Sapnap rolls his eyes, "SAYS YOU!" Karl playfully punches Sapnap's arm. Sapnap promised that he would hide his feelings about Karl, but it was hard for him to do that since Karl was teasing him all the time.

"Goodnight Sapnap, I'm heading to bed now" Karl yawns, "are you sleeping in your own bed this time?" Sapnap teases, "yes I am" Karl rolls his eyes. Sapnap heads to his room, he changes into a nice comfortable hoodie and gets into bed. Sapnap's bed felt so empty without Karl laying in it, he looked at the big empty space and sighed. "Should I go to his room" Sapnap thought, he decided not to, because it might be weird since he had no reason in going there. Sapnap's thoughts about if Karl was just teasing or being serious was clouding his head, which caused him to stay awake. Before Sapnap knew it he was already in front of Karl's door, what if Karl thought he was weird. Sapnap decided to tune out the voices in his head and knock on the door. Karl opens the door pretty fast, "Hi" Karl opens the door, "Hi" Sapnap scratches the back of his head. "I was about to knock on your door" Karl giggles, "oh, why didn't you?" Sapnap asks, "I thought you were sleeping" Karl looks down at his hands. "What were you going to tell me if you knew I was awake?" Sapnap tilts up Karl's head, "I was going to ask if.. if um I could... never mind" Karl cuts himself off "noo please tell me" Sapnap whines. "Only if you tell me why you came to my room first" Karl smiles, "I was going to ask if you um, wanted to sleep in my room tonight" Sapnap looks away, "oh, I was going to ask if I could sleep in your room tonight" Karl giggles. Sapnap was falling even harder than he already was, he didn't think that it was even possible to fall that hard for Karl. Sapnap smiled to himself knowing that Karl wanted to sleep in his room again. Sapnap crawls into his bed and so does Karl, they laid down quite far away from each other, with awkward silence filling the air. "Karl" Sapnap whispers, it's quiet for a few seconds before Karl speaks, "yeah?" "do you want to um you know... cuddle?" Sapnap mumbles. Karl doesn't say anything or move for a few seconds, Sapnap wonders if he messed up by asking that, those thoughts were caught off by Karl turnings around and hugging Sapnap. Sapnap melted into his touch. Karl smiled and whispered "yeah, that would be nice" Sapnap smiles and hugs Karl back.

Sapnap couldn't fall asleep, he didn't know if it was because the boy he loved was in his arms or because he simply wasn't tired. Sapnap got washed over with guilt, he promised himself that he wouldn't tease or flirt with Karl because it would only mess with his emotions, he didn't know if Karl was straight or not so it's hard to tell if Sapnap even has a chance for Karl to like him. "Karl, I have to tell you something" Sapnap whispers, Karl doesn't respond and seems like he is sleeping, "even though you're sleeping I'll just tell you anyway" Sapnap takes in a breath "I love you Karl Jacobs, and I can't keep hiding my feelings from you" Sapnap breathes out, he was relieved that he finally got that off his chest even if Karl was asleep. Sapnap feels Karl let go of hugging him, Karl looks up at Sapnap "is that true? Or are you joking?" Karl locks his eyes with Sapnap, "yeah, it was true" Sapnap looks away. "Oh" Karl grabs Sapnap's face so he could turn his face to his, Karl looks at Sapnap for a few seconds then kisses him. Sapnap's eyes widen, but he returns the kiss, Karl breaks the space between them "I love you too Sapnap" Karl smiles.

_____________

Words: 788

Author's note: wow what a twist, who would have known this would happen (sarcasm). Also thank you for over 200 read that's crazy :)