chapter 16

Maggie awoke the next morning to find yet another book, laying on her bedside table.

The secret garden.

She felt her mouth break into a elated grin as she sat up swiftly and grasped the copy.

It was gorgeous.

The book itself was a hardback, comprised of a smooth sage green material. Scattered across the cover were multiple golden embellishments, all arranged beautifully in the shape of different wild flowers.

But despite its beauty, although too Maggie's delight, the book was worn. It's pages curled up in the corners, and it's spine was beginning to peel.

Maggie loved it. It had been well read.

As she opened up too the first page, a small piece of folded parchment came tumbling onto her lap.

Curiously, Maggie closed the book and began to unfold the crumpled paper.

As she did, she began to notice writing, very beautiful, elegant writing, that seemed to dance off of the page.

Sirius.

She felt her grin widening, although she wasn't sure why.

'Mags,

Thought you could use a little more distraction.

Try not too miss us too much, it must be hard not waking up to our beautiful faces, but I promise we will come and visit you later

Enjoy the Garden ;)

Sirius.'

She let out a slight laugh under her breath at the boys over-the-top arrogance, before carefully folding up the note and placing it neatly on her bedside table.

She read for most of the morning, only putting the book down briefly so Madame Pomphery could attend to her gash.

"It's looking much better, I'll have you out of here in no time at all!"

The story was comforting and beautiful. She loved it.

For lunch she was served a plate of sloppy mashed potato, accompanied by a foul smelling stew of beans.

"Full of vitamins beans are, delicious too!" Pomphery had said. Maggie couldn't quite say she agreed.

The boys didn't show at lunch, much too Maggie's disappointment, but she couldn't expect them to visit her every single second of the day, she would just have to entertain herself.

After finishing the book Sirius had left for her, she was left with practically nothing too do.

She decided on a game of some sorts. The aim was to try to find something in the room for every letter of the alphabet. She skimmed the room for something beginning with A, when her eyes landed on a plate of fruit lying on the bedside table of the boy opposite her. Apple.

Her eyes now searched for an object beginning with B.

The game was boring, but admittedly gave her something to focus on, however, after struggling to find anything beginning with J, Maggie gave up.

Sighing, the girl slumped back into her bed, sprawling her limbs out in exhaustion.

She began picking at the stray skin in the beds of her nails, peeling away the excess, before shaking her head, realising what she was doing.

She sat herself up again, trying to think of something, anything to do.

How long until Madame Pomphery would admit her to leave?!

epiphanies - sirius blackजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें