The Beginning

Sarah Pov:

I had just pulled into the garage from training at the local motocross track, only to hear my parents screaming again. It was the 5th time this week they have been at it, and honestly it terrified me. They both have wicked tempers. And as much as I did love them, I just did not want to deal with them anymore. But I was stuck, I didn't make enough money to move out onto my own and still be able to race the pro circuit here in Australia. It was always times like this I missed my cousins, my aunt and uncle the most.

As I try and sneak pass the kitchen and to the stairs my mom sees me, sending fear down into my heart and all I can think is no, not again. And all I remember is her, charging at me screaming then black, nothing else till I wake up on the floor at 3 am. I look around to see no one but my cat Babe curled up by me. As I slowly sit up my head starts pounding and my arm aches. I look down at it to see a purple bruise along the whole forearm and I think to myself, I must have tried to block her from hitting me. I slowly get up, grab Babe and go up to my room as silently as I could so I don't wake them up and possibly end up getting hit again.

I get to my room and gently close my door and sit Babe on my bed as I look for my Pj's to go get cleaned up. As I walk into my bathroom I see a giant bruise across my face and flinch thinking about how on earth am I going to cover that up. As I finish getting cleaned up for bed, my phone rings. Jumping and running to silence it before it wakes up the house. I look to see who could possibly be calling this late, or early on how you look at it, to see it's a facetime, and only to see a face that brought happier memories. My favorite cousin, little Jettson. I panic, I want to answer and talk to him, tell him everything that happened since they left. But I couldn't do that to him. But I missed him so much so I hit the button and answered, hoping it was to dark for him to see. But was it?

As the video connects, I see his grinning face and feel myself smile, a real true smile for the first time in months. I laugh and ask

"Jett, not that it isn't great to see you and all, but do you have any idea what time it is?''

He looks confused and blinks, looks at the time on his phone,

"Well, around 6 am your time right?"

I blink and turn to look at the window, and lo and behold, the sun was rising.

"Huh, thought it was earlier then that."

I muttered to myself, did I really look at myself in the mirror for that long?

"Well, I guess I can talk. So whats up dweeb?"

He gives me a mocking glare,

"I'm not a dweeb...whatever that is. And can't I call my favorite girl and see what's up?''

I give him a deadpan stare and ask,

"Ok what did you do?''

He raises his hands and laughs,

"Nothing, nothing. To be honest, I just missed you. Sappy I know"

He scratches the back of his neck with a nervous laugh,

"I really wish I was able to come visit and see you all again."

Then he blinks, leans closer to the camera and frowns,

"Sarah, what happened to your face?"

My eyes go wide, and I freeze. Panicking wonder how I was going to get out of this. I nervously clear my throat,

"Um, I...fell in the shower? Yeah! And hit the handle thing on the way down. Totally embarrassing!"

I laugh nervously, praying he buys it, but knowing he isn't stupid.

He narrows his eyes and just stares at me for what feels like hours, but is really only a minute till he opens his mouth and says...

*********

Well, guess I should introduce myself!

Hi, My name is Sarah Lawrence, I'm 19 years old, from Sunshine Coast, Australia, born on Sept. 27. I have waist length blonde hair with blue eyes. I'm tall, 5'9'' and curvy. I wear glasses when not riding or racing. Oh, did I forget to tell you? I race Pro Motocross! And my dream is to racing against the boys in the states! Maybe one day I will, and be reunited with the only family that ever cared. I hope that comes true, if I can ever get the courage to leave that is.

I try and make everyone else happy, since that tends to make me happy as well. What a lot of people never see is that my mind is not a very happy place. No matter what I do. One day I hope I can be in a good spot and be me, the crazy, hyper, bubbly, sarcastic, smiling happy girl I once was, before everything changed that was out of my control.

And this is my story!