What...What? No, no way...

Sarah POV:

It had been 3 months since I got out of the hospital, and physically, I'm a lot better. But mentally? I'm still struggling. I'm I'm at home and around friends and family, I'm ok for the most part, but outside in the real world, I keep looking over my shoulder. I feel eyes on me everywhere I go, and I have no idea if it's just my ptsd or my parents watching me since they still haven't been caught. I hated to be alone, but I hated being a burden even more.

I was currently curled up in a chair by the pool watching Jace swim around and Gracie in a floating boat laughing and splashing around at her brother. A soft smile grows on my face as I see my two babies laughing and having the time of their lives. There were so many times during the whole time I wanted to give up, the pain was excruciating, and I didn't think I could take it anymore. But their faces would pop up in my mind, and I knew I couldn't leave them behind, I couldn't not watch them grow up. And that would keep me breathing.

But while I lived and got away, the memories haunted me in my sleep. Almost every night, I'd wake up in a panic only to be brought into my loving husband's arms. The amount of love and gratitude I have for that man is endless, and I'm incredibly thankful every day that I have him in my life.

I was taken out of my thoughts by arms, hugging me from behind as the kids squeal for their daddy. I smile and look up to see his handsome face beaming at our babies before he looks down at me and kisses my temple. I just give him a soft smile full of love as he lets go and runs to the pool jumping in. As he slashes our kids, causing them to shriek with heartwarming laughter, warming my heart. I let out a sigh as I realx and let my eyes flutter close to the sound of my world having fun.

***

I must have fallen asleep because I was dreaming of driving with tears pouring down my face and dark negative thoughts swirling around in my head. It was like I was not in control, and it was bone-chilling terrifying. I was screaming to stop as the thoughts of ending it came rushing through my head. Horror washed threw me as my hands yanked the wheel as I hit the breaks and ran straight into a tree.

I hit the tree, going about 50 miles an hour, and pain exploded throughout my entire body. I expected to wake up, but I didn't, I just kept going in and out of consciousness. All I remember is pain, flashing lights, and being wheeled into a theater before everything goes black, and I know no more.

****

When I came to the first thing that registered was how stiff and uncomfortable I was, and the next was the annoying beeping I know all too well as a heart rate monitor in hospitals.  I tried to open my eyes, but they wouldn't work, and I felt back under.

After an uncertain amount of time I came back into consciousness, everything was a bit clearer. I tried to open my eyes, and after a few blinks, I was able to keep them open. I looked around the hospital room I was in and noticed my glasses on my stomach. I tried to grab them, but it took me a few attempts because my arm wasn't responding right, and it was extremely weak. But once I got them on, I really took a look around and wondered where my husband was. I look at my patient bored and my heart stills, I see where my name is, and it says Sarah DeAllen, not Sexton. I have no idea who DeAllen is, but then my eyes look at the date, and it's 2024, a year backward. I was so confused and lost till it hit me at the words coma patient in the notes parent. It hit me. Was it all a dream?

I have no idea how long I laid there thinking about it all in complete disbelief when I heard a noise next to me on the other side of the curtain. I blink, and before I could even think about who it could be, I see Chase walk straight by me and to the bathroom in a hospital gown. It started to get harder to breathe, and my heart was beating like crazy. I had no idea how, but I got out of bed shakily and shuffled to the foot of the bed by the time Chase came out of the bathroom. The moment our eyes locked what little strength I had left me, causing my knees to buckle. I squeezed my eyes shut, waiting to hit the ground, but my arms caught me. I opened my eyes and came face to face with him, and something broke inside of me as tears poured out.

It really was a dream. There was no recognition in his eyes, and he didn't know me.

What happened?

<><><><>

Sorry for going MIA guys but I got ideas for this, hope you stay tuned!!!