Make it or break it, the MX way

Sarah POV:

Almost three months have passed since I came to the states. And a shit ton has happened. I had to file for permanent residence here is the US, thanks to Ken Roczen which yes, still freaking out of that! But he made it was way easier to do that it normally would be if I was to try and figure it out on my own. I have kept off the radar for the most part, I want to train my ass off and make my pro debut at the opening round of outdoors because if you think I am crazy enough to jump in and try in the middle of a supercross season your mental. Like Jett thought.

So I have gotten to know all the guys at the training grounds pretty good at this point. And they have helped me a ton, from tricks of the trade, pointers, tips and how to handle the media. Because at some point I am unfortunately have to deal with them. As I spend pretty much everyday at the track, I can feel myself getting faster and pushing past my limits and it has been amazing. It helps a lot riding with some of the best in the world daily. 

As outdoors rapidly approaches, the more nervous I get. I keep it hidden from everyone. They all have their own things to worry about, they don't need my problems too. My plan is to drive there in my truck, and pit in the far back of the padlock, keep to myself, and hope for the best. I don't have anyone to hold a pit board for me so I have gotten a small stopwatch and have rigged a way to have it strapped to my handlebars and do timing myself. Pathetic, I know. But it's all I got so I'll deal.

It's the thursday before the first race and I am finishing loading up my truck with everything I might end up needing when Chase comes walking out of the shop and looks up from his phone and frowns. As he leans up against my truck he says,

"I wish you'd just let us bring your bike with ours, it's not like it would be any trouble. Plus you wouldn't have to drive by yourself all the way there."

As I finish checking the tie straps one last time I stand up and jump out of the bed and look at him with a smirk,

"Nope, gotta go full privateer. Can't be getting any handouts. I want to make it on my own. And driving, well lets hope this thing will make it!"

As I give a laugh, Chase doesn't look amused. He frowns with a sigh and stands up and walks towards me. Before I know it he's right in front of me, his hands are on my shoulders. As he leans closer to my face I stiffen. I've only been this close to a guy like this once before, and it didn't end well. Before I can back away he lays his forehead on mine and sighs as his eye close. As we just stand there not moving as my heart starts beating crazily. After what seems like hours he opens his eyes and looks right into mine. Right as he is about to say something, lightning hits just behind the shop and thunder booms, making us flinch back from each other. And like that, whatever spell was casted on us was gone. I look up at the rapidly darkening sky with a sigh and say,

"Well, I guess that's my cue to speed back home and hope to beat the storm huh? Wonder if I will make it or not."

As I look back at him, he's standing there with his hands in his pockets just looking at me, and nothing else. Right as I open my mouth to ask him what's wrong, he's back in front of me, and he is kissing my forehead. As I stand stone still he backs away with a small smile on his face and mutter,

"Be safe, I don't know what I would do if something happened to you out there."

As he turns around and gets in his truck, I blink, stupefied. I stand there and watch him drive away till I can't anymore and slowly climb into my own. I sit there for what feels like hours before I realise it's raining and I have a text from Hunter asking me where I'm at. As I quickly reply that I am leaving the track and heading home for dinner, I start my truck and get on the road. But all I can think about is Chase, his warm eyes, and his lips on my forehead. It's on my mind for the rest of the evening.