Chapter 2

KINAKABAHAN si Riot habang nakatingin sa dalawang asong mukhang handa siyang lapain ano mang oras.

Tang'na kagabi pa siya pinag-iinitan ng mga ito. He does not fear anybody aside from his Mom, Dad, and older brother Kreston but this fucking dogs are making him a fucking wimp.

Riot tightens his hold on the woman's shoulder and pulled her closer to his body. And that seems to be a bad move because both dogs barked loudly, like sending him a warning to let go of their human boss.

"Oh fuck! Stop them," he whispered, gritting his teeth to stop himself from shouting in vexation.

Nilingon siya ng babae. "Stop? Tigil 'yon diba?"

Riot nodded his head, eyes fixed on the two giant dogs.

"Gulo, Hinhin tumigil kayo. Upo!" Utos ng babae sa dalawang aso na ilang saglit muna siyang tinignan ng masama bago sumunod sa amo ng mga ito.

Riot made a sigh of relief but jumped when something fury touched his legs. Napaupo siya. He cussed a few times when he saw a giant cat.

Fucking great!

What's with this woman? Owning giant dogs and a cat?

Tinignan niya ng masama ang babae ng tumikhim ito at nakita niya ang pagpipigil nitong tumawa.

"Huwag kang tumawa. Hindi na nakakatuwa ang mga alaga mo." Seryoso niyang saad habang masamang nakatingin dito.

The woman pouted and that made him stare at her and lose the sharp gaze that he is shooting her.

Kinagat nito ang pang-ibabang labi tapos ay ngumiti.

"Paumanhin kung ganoon. Ganyan lang talaga ang mga iyan. Sinanay kasi si Gulo at Hinhin ng lolo ko na protektahan ako bago ito namatay tatlong buwan na ang nakakalipas." Pagbibigay alam nito.

Biglang nawala ang saya sa mga mata at naging pilit ang ngiti nito ng mabanggit ang lolo nito.

Riot took off his gaze on the woman and sighed when he felt that weird feeling that hit him when he saw her sad. The feeling of hating to see her sad.

"Uhm... kain na tayo?" anito at naupo sa harapan niya.

When Riot looked at her again she looked happy and vibrant again. But Riot could still see that sadness in her eyes.

"Thanks," he murmured when she put food on his plate.

Riot put down his satellite phone on the table before he started eating. He was quiet the whole time while the woman keeps on feeding her cat, while the dogs just quietly watch him.

Tsk.

These dogs should take a chill pill.

After eating Riot stood up and took his satellite phone.

"Saan ka pupunta?" tanong ng babae.

"Tatawagan ko lang ang kaibigan ko," sagot niya.

Riot halted in his steps when he realized he just answered a question from strangers which he usually doesn't do. Shrugging his shoulder, he went to the wooden swing hanging in a mango tree meters away from the edge of the river.

Dialing his friend's number, Riot took a seat and waited for his friend to pick up the phone. And when his friend did, he was greeted with an angry, worried, and cussing friend.

"Tang'na kang gago ka! You gonna get us killed you know that?!" Essex shouted.

Riot tsked. "How so? I am the one who was—"