Chapter 5

NABIGLA SI Riot nang niyakap siya ni Iiliri.

But that was only for a second before he slowly and gently responded to her hug. Tightening it as seconds passed.

If he's in his usual self, what Iiliri did will make him really mad and he'll shove her off of him and cuss her and call her names, but he isn't. He is being strange for some reason. And whatever the reasons why Iiliri doesn't make him mad after touching him, he cares less about it. He's elated to be back. It feels good to be back. Fuck! He's been dying to see her again that he didn't wait until dawn to get back to her house.

After five days of restless days and nights, he could already feel the calmness. Seeing her safe and okay, his worries receded.

As he was busy preparing for his long retreat— like how he refers to his stay in Iiliri's home — and making sure his business will be monitored by his brothers, Riot was constantly worried about the woman.

Even if she has the giants with her it didn't make him really feel at peace.

For someone who also works as an agent aside from running a multi-billion dollar logistic company, Riot knew too well how dangerous it is for a woman like Iiliri to live alone. With no man's companion or anybody else to help defend herself.

"How are— I mean... Kumusta ka na?" Riot asked after the hug, his hands holding her upper arm, his thumbs gently caressing her skin.

"Ayos lang, ikaw? Buti nakabalik ka kaagad?" Masayang usisa nito.

Bago pa man siya makasagot ay nagsalita ulit ito. "Pasok ka pala."

Hinawakan siya nito sa braso at hinila papasok ng bahay nito. Sinindihan ng dalaga ang lampara sa kusina tapos ay inilapag iyon sa mesa na nasa paanan lang ng papag.

"Upo ka Riot, isasara ko lang ang pinto." Paalam nito.

"Thanks," Riot replied then went to pat the two giants after putting his bag on the ground. "How are you Gulo and Hinhin? Did you take good care of the boss?" He asked.

The dogs whined as they nodded their head like they were telling him; Yes we did. And that made Riot smile.

Shaking his head, Riot petted the two, rubbing their neck. "Good boy and good girl. I'm so proud of you giants," he noted before Riri appeared and nuzzled his legs like telling him to pet her too and that made Riot chuckle.

"How about you Riri what did you do for the boss?"

And of course, the cat just meowed.

"Mukhang natutuwa din sila na nakabalik ka."

Riot looked up to Iiliri who was smiling softly at them.

"Pansin ko rin, akala ko susunggaban nila ako pagbumalik ako." May tipid na ngiti na sagot niya tapos ay napatingin siya sa papag na mukhang tinulugan nito. "Pasensya na mukhang nadistorbo ko ang tulog mo."

"Ayos lang. May gusto ka bang kainan o inumin?" She asked, her eyes glimmering happiness but also from disturbed sleep.

Umiling si Riot. "Gusto ko lang magpahinga."

Iiliri nodded and went to the wooden bed and took her blanket.

"Dadalhin ko lang ito sa kwarto ko at kukunin ko ang para sayo."

"Why? I mean... saan ka matutulog?" Nagtataka niyang tanong.

"Sa silid ko." Iiliri looked at him smiling. "Bakit gusto mo ba samahan ulit kita dito?"

Riot fastly shook his head. "No, mukhang hindi komportable ang hinigaan mo noon. I'll be fine. I mean— ayos lang ako."

"Sige," anito saka kinuha ang kumot nito.