Chapter 31

IF OVER and strong happiness could kill, Riot would be dead by now.

Damn.

He feels like he has just reached heaven and everything glows and is beautiful. The grin on his face would creep often, especially when he is alone and his friends and brothers have been wondering if he was okay.

Grant— his brother — who is a psychologist even set an appointment for him in his clinic inside the Crown's hospital to evaluate him if he's still right in the head.

But of course, he is.

Hindi lang alam ng mga ito kung gaano siya kasaya na tanggap na siya ulit ni Iiliri at magpapakasal ito sa kanya.

But he knew they were jesting but the truth is they are elated that he is functioning and living his life as they wanted it. Happy, sober, and full of life. And all of that is thanks to his Iiliri.

My Iiliri.

Itinaas ni Riot ang manggas ng suot niyang light blue na long sleeve polo at pinagkrus ang dalawang braso sa dibdib niya habang nakasandal sa kotse niya at hinihintay na lumabas si Iiliri.

Ilang beses siyang humugot ng hininga dahil kahit na sanay siya sa presensya ng babae ay hindi parin niya maiwasan ang kabahan at ang pagbilis ng pintig ng puso niya.

Tang'na lubog talaga ako sa pagmamahal kay Iiliri.

Napaayos ng tayo si Riot nang makita niya si Iiliri na agad na ngumiti ng makita siya.

Damn that radiant smile of her is brightening his life even more. He misses it so much. She'd been sad those past few days and seeing her smile happily like this is something Riot will always treasure and he'll pay hundreds of gold coins to make it remains on her lips.

Instead of waiting for her to reach his place, Riot walked toward her. And without giving a fuck about the people around, he cupped her face and kissed her deeply.

Suminghap ito at kahit ang malapit sa kanila ay narinig niya ring suminghap.

But who gives a fuck? He doesn't. He'll kiss Iiliri when he can and when he wants to.

Namumula ang pisngi nito matapos niya itong halikan sa harap ng maraming tao.

Kinindatan niya ito saka kinuha ang bag nito at siya na ang nagdala no'n.

"How's school, kitten?" he asked his other arm wrapping her waist to pull her closer to him as the walked towards his car.

"Maayos naman." Nagtaas ito ng tingin at excited na ngumiti. "Napasa ko lahat ng test, Riot!" hhe beamed, ecstatic.

"Congrats, kitten." Hinalikan niya ang noo nito. "That's something we should celebrate, okay? I'll call Theon to give you an off today—"

"No—"

"Please?" Riot pleaded. "I also want to celebrate that you already accepted me and that you want to marry me. That's so much reason to celebrate, kitten," he added.

Sandali itong nag-isip bago tumango.

"Sige na nga."

Umuklo si Riot at muli itong siniil ng halik.

"Thanks, kitten."

Mahina siya nitong binangga. "Huwag ka ngang halik ng halik. Ang daming tao oh. Bata pa yung iba. Tch."

"I don't care. I've learned that I should do whatever I want and could to show my love for you because we don't know when life will suck again. At least if that happens I know I showed you how much I love you —there will be no what ifs— that alone will make me feel better," he reasoned out before opening the door for her.