Chapter 15

RIOT PUFFED, his one hand on his hips, the other in front of him holding his cigarette between his two fingers. His eyes were dark and emotionless while looking at the darkness outside the window, his mind on his Iiliri.

How are you kitten?

How are the giants?

He asked inwardly for hundred times already. It's been one week since he left Iiliri sleeping soundly on her bed. The urge to go back to her— see her, hold her is mounting inside him.

But he knew better than be a fucking moron. He will not risk it. Not even driving to the road going to Quircos.

He had already one attempted assassination in just fucking one week since he came back. And he knew many is lurking around to give it a try. Who knows how many are out there eyeing him?

Riot frustratedly rub his head and his face roughly then took another puff before turning around and went to sit back at his table to study again and remember his old assignments.

Kailangan niyang balikan ang mga iyon at kilalanin kung sino ang pwedeng may kakayahan pang balikan siya matapos niyang sirain ang ilegal na pinagmulan ng mga pera ng mga ito.

But until he reached his last case, none of the people would be able to get back to him. Most of them have lost all their assets, connections, and money. Even their rights. Most of them are already jailed underground, others dead.

"Come on, bud, go home and take a rest longer than a nap. You look like shit," Essex spoke.

Phytos clucked, shaking his head. "Rest Riot. Or any day now you'll turn back to that fucking Riot we hated. Asshole, fucking ill-tempered, and a moron."

Walang buhay na ngumisi si Riot sa tatlong kaibigan niyang naroon.

"Ready yourself then because if we do not find the culprit behind the assassination order sooner, I may lose my mind and go to our underground jail and fucking throttle the necks of every person I dragged there to keep them behind bars."

Monty tsked. "Be patient, okay? Your woman is fine, said Cypher."

It was a routine. One of his friends would always go and watch Iiliri from afar through binoculars to see how is she. But he instructed them not to bother her. He just needs to make sure she is fine and knew what she's doing 'cause without it he'll go crazy.

Nagtagis ang bagang ni Riot. Ayaw niyang magtanong pero hindi niya mapigilan.

"What is she doing?" he asked, staring at the pen he is holding.

"Still waiting. She was seen with her dog near the gate. It looks like the dog has been spending much of his time beside the gate, waiting for you too," Essex replied and sighed.

"And she was cry— oof!" Phytos grunted and gave Essex a glare after the latter punched Phytos on the stomach.

Essex shoot Phy an irritated look. "Shut the fuck up."

She's crying again...

Riot clenched his jaw. It cuts him inside thinking of her crying. And Gulo waiting for him in the same spot where he left him that day. Damn that dog is so pure just like his boss. Those giants...

Dammit! I miss them so much.

Hindi siya nagsalita. Tumayo si Riot saka lumabas ng opisina ng grupo niya. Tinungo niya ang elevator at pinindot ang 25th button. Doon matatagpuan ang bar ng Crown HQ.

Riot sat on the bar stool and asked the bartender for a hard drink. He took another cigarette to puff while waiting for his alcohol to be served. At nang ibinigay nito ang alak ay natulala si Riot sa baso.