Chapter 45: A Family Reunion - Paper Doll

Pandora was thrown violently to the ground again by Silvia. She has had enough of her and the bullshit coming out of her mouth and wanted to get out of here with Eren and Historia (if her father hasn't brainwashed her like Silvia was trying with Pandora, only it failed.)

She gasped for air and cough. She hadn't realized how strong Silvia really was, and it took her by surprise. In reality, Pandora doesn't actually know what to expect from Silvia. She only spent about thirteen years around that woman, and even then, Silvia was more at peace than she was now.

"You... seem a bit edgy," Pandora noted hesitantly.

"Well I wouldn't be edgy if you actually listen to me, kept your trap shut, and follow orders," Silvia stated.

"Can I ask you something else?" Pandora ask, but didn't wait for Silvia to answer to continue. "Why did you decided to imprison Nana and execute aunt Rosalinda? I'm sure she excluded herself from us. So why kill her?"

Silvia was really bothered by how many questions Pandora kept asking. She couldn't stand her curiosity. "If it makes you stop asking me useless questions I'll tell you," Silvia said but left no room for Pandora to respond. "I decided to execute Rosalinda because she found out you were alive and had confronted me about it about four years ago. I knew she was on my tail, so when I saw the opportunity to kill Fernando, I put false evidence that led to her. With Anita, she just found out I killed him, so I did the same thing with her, except I imprison her just so I had something to lure you to me when the time came," Silvia said.

"Then is that why you murdered my father? Just to plant false evidence that made Rosalinda and Nana look guilty?" Pandora asked.

"Well..." Silvia murmured as she thought about it. "When you put it like that... I guess so."

"You're fucking insane, I swear," Pandora stated. "Was it all really worth it in the end, Silvia? Does your dirty hands make you happy, Silvia?" Pandora asked.

"Listen, Pandora," Silvia stated. "Once you are in my shoes, you'll understand why I did the things you call mad."

"Then I don't want to be a Castañera anymore," Pandora said. "I rather be the homeless girl I was than be your paper doll."

"Don't say that when there are people out there who wish they were us!" Silvia stated.

"They only wish that because they don't know what goes behind the palace walls, Silvia," Pandora remarked. "...I wish I was ignorant about this family like they were," Pandora whispered to herself.

"Wake up and smell the roses, Pandora," Silvia stated.

Suddenly, someone from Jessica's squad comes up running towards her. "Captain Castañera!" The male frantically said as he quickly saluted her. "I bring news from the capital!"

"Well spill it Monroe, we don't have all day," Jessica stated.

"Captain, the military's switch sides and the rebels are succeeding!" He stated. "It's only a matter of time that they find us, ma'am!"

"Hold on," Silvia stated as she pushed Jessica out of the way. "You're telling me the brats are winning?"

"Ma'am, they have overthrown the government and Commander-in-Chief is now governing for now," Monroe stated.

Pandora felt some relief when she heard the news. It's as if the heavy cloud that brought a hail storm has finally rolled away, though, it left behind the rain, but it was a start.

"What!?" Silvia yelled at him, making the male flinch. "Ma'am, please wrap this up so we can get over it and move you guys to another location," Monroe said.