Chapter 31: Surprise

Erwin sat in his office as he started to debate if he should use his information he has of Pandora to use or not.

She did say someone will come and kill her including everyone. But was she telling the truth or was she just lying? Or what if she added a lie to the truth? What if someone was just going to kill her and only her if someone found out who she really was and she was just lying that everyone who she ever interacted with will die along with her? Who is this person that will kill her? Erwin asked himself. The door suddenly opened with two soldiers, a male and female, running towards him.

"Commander Erwin!" They both called out, heavily panting as they carried files. "We've... got the info," the male panted.

"We apologize for taking so long on getting this information to you, Commander," the female said as she put the files in front of him.

"It's fine, Adele and Hugo. I assume these are confidential files, so I thank you for being able to get these," Erwin said as he took the first file he saw.

"Commander, if you don't mind me asking," Hugo began to say. "Why do you want these files? Especially Captain Pandora's, the Krause siblings and the King twins?"

Erwin looked at them. "Because, Hugo, Adele, they are somehow connected together," Erwin said.

"But how did you came up with this conclusion, sir?" Adele asked.

"Well, it started when I first spied on Levi and Pandora when they lived Underground and when I had forced them to join, also. Then, over the years, my suspicious on her got worse. Sebastian died then, a couple of years ago, Alonso and Ivonne disappear," Erwin said.

"I didn't know you liked to keep an update on the richest nobles, Commander," Hugo stated.

"I didn't, either," he said. He gave a quick look on the files until he found Pandora's file and opened it. The legit one, not the one they were given.

Name: Pandora Victoria Castañera.

Parents: Silvia Antonia and Fernando Carlos Castañera

Siblings: Sebastian Diego, Alonso Flabio, and Ivonne Monserrat Castañera.

Born: June 4th at Mitras.

Eldest daughter and is currently alive. Pandora Victoria Castañera is the only one who can inherit everything from the mother and father unless she has died, then it goes to Ivonne.

Erwin read again the sentence and wondered why the females are the only ones to inherit everything and not the eldest child.

"Commander," Hugo said. "I think you should check this file out." Hugo handed the last file over to Erwin.

"What is this?" Erwin asked as he saw the Military Police's emblem and the Castañera's family emblem stamped on the file.

"I can't say. You'll have to read it."

Erwin opened the file and read the first sentence. His eyes widen and he stood up suddenly. "What is it?" Adele and Hugo asked their commander.

"We have the whole Castañera family here, including Silvia and Fernando's grandchildren."

---------------

The group kept on riding all night to reach Castle Utgard. On the way there, Pandora noticed some mumbling coming from Xenia and Baltazar, but she chose to ignore it since Olivia started talking to her.

"Captain Pandora?" Olivia asked. "Why did you go out on Pastor Nick?"

Pandora turned her head to look at Olivia with a confused look. "Yeah, I've been meaning to ask you a couple of question, Pandora," Hanji added. "How come you know the secrets but aren't allowed to talk about it?"