Chapter 17: Hidden Between the Lies

Pandora didn't know a lot of things about feelings. She was only sure of two feelings: calamity and happiness. Two completely opposite things, but she knew them well. It wasn't long after the expedition and it wasn't long after her squad and Levi's squad helped Hanji capture a Titan for her experiments when she realize there was a new feeling she was confused about. Pandora didn't know if it was what she thought it was, but she knows its been there for years.

But lately, she's been busy with the experiments. She and her squad were making sure everything was under control along with some soldiers of the Garrison. No one in the Scout Regiment hated the Garrison. They were probably the only regiment that liked the Scouts. The Military Police despise the Scouts just as much as the Scouts despised the MP.

Pandora sighed as Hanji did a couple of more experiments on both Alberto and Chicacchironi, the Titans who were captured. She didn't know how long she had been standing here, but she sent her squad to freshen up while she kept a look out. Pandora used the spear to rest on. She was tired from standing all day and from the many paperwork she had done that day. Thankfully, Hanji was almost finished with experimenting with them for the day.

When it was over, Pandora quickly left the scene to her room and laid down on her bed. She was going to stay in her room until dinner was ready. Not even five minutes in her room and she hears a knock on her door. Pandora sighs, gets up and walks to the door.

"Yes?" Pandora asked.

"Captain Pandora, Commander Erwin sent me here to tell you to meet him in his office." Alec said.

"Why so?" Pandora asked.

"I'm not sure, but he also called Captain Levi and all the other squad leaders." Alec said.

Pandora nodded. "Alright. Thank you for informing me about it, Alec." Pandora said as she closed the door behind her.

Alec left and Pandora went straight to Erwin's office. She wasn't sure why Erwin called for another meeting, but whatever it was must be important.

When Pandora walked in into his office, everyone was already there. "Good, we can begin now." Erwin said as Pandora closed the door behind her. "What's this meeting about, Erwin?" Levi asked.

"We have another expedition coming up next month." Erwin stated. Everyone in the room was surprised. They haven't had many expeditions like this year. Well, unless you count Titan capturing an expedition. "We could afford another expedition?" Squad leader Dita Ness asked.

"Yes. We're hoping to get more information about the Titans and hope we could encounter another Titan like the one Hanji, Pandora, and Levi encounter last time." Erwin said. "Prepare your squads and tell them we have a month before the next expedition. We'll have another meeting tomorrow and we'll discuss our places in the formation." Erwin said. "You're all dismissed, but I need Pandora to stay behind." Erwin added.

Everyone left one by one. Levi slowly walked away, unsure why Erwin wanted with Pandora. Hanji eventually pulled him out the door and dragged him some where else.

Once everyone left, Erwin closed the door, then stood in front of Pandora. Pandora wasn't sure what was going on, but what ever Erwin was planning to do made her nervous. No one spoke for a while. Pandora hadn't felt this uneasy since... before she was disowned.

"Who are you really, Pandora?" Erwin asked.

Pandora blinked, unsure what Erwin was talking about. Well, Pandora did have an idea what he might be talking about, but she didn't want to believe it one bit. "What are you talking about?" Pandora inquired.

"Are you who you say you are?" Erwin asked.

"What do you mean?" Pandora asked.

Erwin dodge all the questions Pandora asked him by asking questions himself. "I'm not sure who you are and I'm not sure if who I think you are is you or not, but I'm going to find out." Erwin said with a determining look.