Chapter 2: The Consenquences

Pandora woke up early, even before Marine and got ready to leave. She was quietly moving around, changing quickly and packing up what she brought out of her bag. Almost everyone was asleep except for Devon and Julie, who were quietly talking in the kitchen while preparing breakfast. Pandora left Marine's room quietly and went downstairs to say goodbye.

"Why don't you take one of our horses," Devon suggested. He was helping Julie peel the potatoes probably for dinner.

"Oh, no I can't take them," Pandora said. "But thanks for the offer."

"Just take it with you to Shiganshina," Devon stated. "When you come back, you can leave it here. It's like a test for them to see how they're doing. Come on, I'll let you borrow one."

"If you insist." Pandora said in the end, giving in to his offer.

"I hope you are also going to eat breakfast here," Julie said. "Last time you skipped out and didn't even let me pack a lunch for you."

"Oh I couldn't Julie," Pandora said.

"Oh come on. Your decline is basically offending me," Julie laughed. "Seriously. It's not a problem. I always make a plate too many anyways. I hate to let food go to waste."

Pandora in the end ended up staying for a bit longer. As the children began to wake up, Julie was able to fix breakfast. The family and Pandora had breakfast together, which was pretty nice. The youngest son, Jeremiah, who was only one, had awoken during breakfast, queuing Pandora's leave.

"Well, I have to go now," Pandora said as she stood up. "Thank you."

"Come by on your way back," Julie smiled as they walked her to the door.

"I will and I'll see you later," Pandora said. As Pandora walked out, she was stopped by Marine.

"Pandora," Marine called. "When you come back, I'll be gone." She said. "I leave around noon today, so I have to tell you this: Make your move on Levi," she said in a serious tone.

Pandora felt her cheeks go warm. "You're crazy, Marine. I don't like him like that."

"How long have you known him?" Marine asked.

"Ten years," Pandora answered, not sure why the amount of time she knows him mattered.

"Really!? How old are you?" Marine asked, surprised by her response.

"I'm twenty-four, Marine," Pandora replied. "So I'm not that old."

"And how old is Levi?"

"He's a year older than me, so he's twenty-five." Pandora answered.

"And he still hasn't made his move!" Marine exclaimed while throwing her hands in the air.

"Marine, we're just close friends." Pandora stated.

"You guys sleep in the same bed." Marine said.

"N-no we don't. At the beginning we did but I got my own bed now. We just share rooms that's all." Pandora said.

"Come on, you've guys have known each other for ten years and you're telling me you haven't had any feelings for him other than the friend feelings," Marine asked, raising an eyebrow.

Pandora just starred at Marine. "I don't have those kinds of feelings." She answered. "I mean... I don't think so anyway," she whispered the last part that Marine didn't notice she said that.

"Well, I wish you luck on your journey, Pandora." Marine said. "I'll see you some time in the future."

"I wish you luck training." Pandora smiled. "Goodbye. And don't forget to tell them."