Chapter 50: Fake Your Death

"Sebastian?" Pandora asked, unable to make her fast beating heart to slow down. Her mouth went dry and her palms began to sweat. She wasn't going to believe it and she couldn't. Silvia said he was dead. That she poisoned him. So why was he here, alive and locked up?

The male looked startled when she called his name. He hadn't heard anyone else say his name like that other than his sister, who has been gone for about two decades now. He stood up and walked up to the bars, looking at the woman in glasses better.

She even has the same look as her, the male thought to himself. Even the way her glasses are set make her look too similar to her. The man wasn't sure how this woman with glasses knew his name. He didn't even know who she was, but in his mind, he had second thoughts about her. She was very familiar and her name popped up in his mind as he looked at her.

"P-," he hadn't said her name in such a long time that it now felt foreign pronouncing it. "Pandora?"

"Oh my- it is you!" Pandora exclaimed. "Why are you locked up here!? Isn't this a prison for people who were despised by Castaneras?"

"Yes," Sebastian answered, "but let me explain why I'm here because- wait, how are you here with- is that you aunt Rosario?" Sebastian asked, looking over Pandora's shoulder and interrupting himself.

"We're here because originally, we were to rescue Anita from this hell," Rosario said while examining the area around her and how there were cobwebs in every corner of the corridor. "But it seems our plans have changed a bit."

"I thought Silvia had poisoned you!" Pandora remarked, totally ignoring Rosario.

"Well, she did manage to paralyze me with that poison for a day," Sebastian murmured. "But poison me to death isn't true. So what you're say is she lied to you about me then?" Sebastian asked.

"Yes."

"Typical," Sebastian huffed. "Anyway, as I was saying, I'm here for reasons Silvia hasn't told me," he stated.

"Wait, your mother just locked you up without an explanation?" Rosario asked. She wasn't actually surprised at the statement. After all, this was her radical sister they're talking about.

"Right on, aunt," Sebastian said.

"Well, let's get you out of here then!" Pandora exclaimed as she began to frantically look around for a key or something to pick the lock with- a skill she hadn't used in a long time. "Is there a key to your cell nearby?" She asked.

"Just go on without me, I don't mind," Sebastian said. "Silvia took the key and there's no way of breaking through these walls. Trust me. I've tried before. Just go!"

"I'm not leaving you here!" Pandora exclaimed. "You're my brother. My brother... who I thought- no, who we thought has been dead for years." Pandora felt like she'll cry again, but she swallow the lump in her throat that was beginning to form and blinked rapidly and looked away, trying to find something sharp, yet very thin and small to insert inside the lock. "You've been locked up for something that is obviously stupid. You've missed most of your life."

"Pandora, it's alright. I've been here more than a decade, I can handle it," Sebastian said. "Go as rescue Nana while you can."

"She can wait for a bit!" Pandora exclaimed. Her eyes landed on the bones scattered in the cell next to Sebastian's. It was a pile of thin bones right by the bars. Pandora walked over to the cell and reached for the thinnest and smallest bone she could get in her reach.

Once this bone was in her hand, she broke it in half, hoping the edge was sharp enough and thin enough to get it through the lock. When she broke it with no problem, it came out as she hoped it would. She returned back to the cell that held Sebastian and pulled out the dagger she had.