Chapter 49: Palace Syzygy

Pandora sat in the cart along with Hanji, Eren, and Historia, who were having a deep conversation about the situation they are in. She didn't talk much, but she stared at the flaming trees Rod burned as he passed by slowly.

They were all moving forward to see if they could go catch up or find Erwin and his group of Scouts. Pandora's aunts and uncles had gone ahead in her part to retrieve Nana from High Rockpoint since she couldn't do it herself. It disappointed her that she couldn't go and do it herself, but them going is better than nothing.

Pandora's attention was back to reality when she saw Eren standing up and started to yell at the Titan with such emotion. She wondered what she had missed when she dozed off.

"Hey stop!" Eren called out to the Titan. "Can't you hear me, stupid!? I'm talking to you! You midget!" Eren suddenly stopped screaming, and from what Pandora could tell, he was completely frozen in place.

She wondered why he suddenly froze and from what she could tell, he had a horrid look on his face. Pandora looked around in question until she saw the look of disappointed look on Levi's face as he stared at Eren. She realized what Eren had said and began to chuckle, then laughed really hard.

After the incident, things got serious again. Eren continued to try to control the Titan like he did when Mikasa was in danger when they were rescuing him from Bertholdt and Reiner.

"Look over there!" Ivonne exclaimed, pointing at a certain direction. "It looks like it's them!"

Everyone turned their attention to where she pointed to. They all saw what looked to be the rest of the Scouts led by Erwin. Relief washed over the squad and they quickly rushed to reconnect with the rest of the Scouts.

"Levi," Erwin called to him as he spotted the short male. "Where's Pandora and Hanji?" He asked in question, raising an eyebrow.

Both women raised their hands, but Hanji was the most energetic by stretching her uninjured arm up in the air, waving it, and calling out to the blonde male. Pandora, on the other hand. barley had her hand up.

"They're both injured," Levi said to Erwin. "And... some things might need to be changed from our plan," he added.

"Oh? Why?" Erwin asked at the sudden change in Levi's mood.

"We really don't know who the Castañeras are," Levi stated.

This made Erwin unease. He thought he had done his research right, but it seems like he was wrong and there was more to them than being the riches nobles with strong ties with the king, royal government, and the secrets. Then again, he had just found out that the coordinates are actually split in two and one of them was in the Castañera's possession.

"Then who are they, then?" Erwin asked.

"Well, they're the successors if the king has no heirs," Levi answered. "But it seems like those circumstances has change. Pandora just told me that Historia can't be queen until she's eighteen."

"Don't tell me. Pandora is going to be queen?" Erwin asked.

"At least, until Historia is eighteen," Levi answered.

Erwin looked over at where Pandora was. He held no expression on his face and it made Levi wonder what the man was thinking about.

"What do you think?" Levi asked.

"I think I know more about her than she does herself," Erwin answered. "But, I'm just thinking that. Maybe she isn't completely clueless. Maybe she's playing the victim. Maybe she actually is a victim. Maybe she's showing her true colors. Maybe not."