Chapter 48: The Outcomes

It was odd that Rod's Titan continued to grow bigger and bigger. It had passed the height of the Colossal Titan, a.k.a. Bertholdt. He got so huge that he hit the top of the cave and the ceiling began to crumble down on them. Levi brought Pandora close to him and protected her from the falling ceiling.

Panic arose and everyone tried to find a way to escape, but it was impossible with rocks coming down on them. Eren, moving his attention towards his friends and comrades and Captain Pandora's family, did his very best to keep the bigger and heavier rocks from landing on them. Soon, more rocks began to fall and Eren couldn't keep up.

Pandora threw her hands on top of her head and closed her eyes, praying for the first time in her life to the imaginary god the Wallist pray to. Her heart was pounding against her ribs and she felt a pit in her stomach and wondered if this was how she'll die. Then, a bright blue light showcased in front of her closed eyes. Pandora opened them, only to squint at the bright light. She heard cracking noises coming from the light and noticed the ceiling had stopped collapsing on top of them.

When the light dimmed and disappeared, they saw the crystal cave around them reformed with a newer layer of crystal. Eren's Titan was still, crystal rock coming out of his body.

Mikasa's eyes widen as she saw smoke come from behind, so she left everyone and went to see if it was Eren coming out of the Titan. When she got to the nape of the neck, she did indeed see Eren coming out and she went to go help him and bring him to the others.

Levi let go of Pandora and awed at how his Titan hasn't started to evaporate yet. This meant Eren has successfully harden his body, which meant with this, they could solve one of their problems and the original goal the Scouts had.

"What the hell just happened?" Brynjolf asked once Mikasa and Eren were with them.

"What was that light?" Rosario asked.

"Eren," Pandora exclaimed when she too realized what just happened like Levi. "You were able to harden the body!" She said as she clapped her hands in joy.

Eren turned around and saw that he indeed did so. It took him by surprise but there it was; his Titan harden. "Oh, I did," Eren said. "Hey! I did!"

"Nice job," Levi commented. "This solves most of our problems and goals, which means there's one thing less to stress about for everyone," he said.

"Now that you saved us from the collapsing ceiling," Pandora began to say, "we have to find a way out. Also, we have to find Rod," she noted as she looked around and saw Rod was nowhere nearby. "The man is dangerous and with him as a mindless, abnormal, huge Titan, he's a threat to everyone."

"Connie, Jean, Alonso, think you guys can find a way out?" Levi asked.

"Yes, Captain," they said and ran off to find an exit.

Pandora observed the area and saw that the places where the new crystal were formed had the ceiling completely gone and on the ground. This meant it was most likely she wouldn't be able to retrieve Silvia's body to be properly buried. As she continued to observe, she noticed three people were missing since the very beginning.

"Levi," she called, "where's Hanji, Armin, and Nora?" She asked.

Levi was caught off guard by her question again. His eyes widen as he realized Armin and Hanji, who was shot when they came in bursting into the cave, were out there and they had probably been crushed under the rubble. The thought of this made Levi angry at himself for leaving them behind and sad because Hanji was his best friend and Armin was such a bright kid and having them die on his watch was something he'll never forgive himself. As for Nora, he had to tell her the truth, even if it hurt her and it made her hate him.