Chapter 30: More to You Than What You Let On

To say Pandora was anxious was an understatement. She, Levi, Hanji, Erwin and the other superiors of the Scout Regiment were called to a meeting with the mayor of the district to discuss about the mad mission. Pandora stood next to Levi the whole time with her mouth shut, not daring to peep a word. But mostly, her mind would wonder off to somewhere, usually an image that would last for a couple of second before coming back to reality. 

 In the middle of the meeting, a soldier barges into the room, breathing heavily like it ran from Wall Rose to Wall Sina, and sweating more than that Bertoldt kid. 

 "WALL ROSE HAS BEEN BREACHED!!!" The soldier shouted. Everyone fell in shock as they heard the news. Another wall breathed meaning more people will flee to Wall Sina and more people will die. Not only that, but humanity will loose eighty percent of their land. 

 Why? 

 --------------

 Sixteen hours have passes since the Titans were spotted. Pandora sat next to Levi in a cart that carried them, Pastor Nick, Hanji, Eren, Mikasa, Armin, Baltazar and Xenia. Following behind them on horseback was Oscar, Nora, and Olivia. 

 Levi had noticed how awfully quiet Pandora has been for the past day and he began to worry if it was his fault. 

 "What should we do?" Armin asked. "To think that Rose will suddenly breached... what options do we even have left? Even if we go to the breached spot with Eren, I can't imagine it going well," Armin spoke. He looked up and looked directly at Pastor Nick. "And what is a Wallist priest doing here?" 

 "Oh, Nick?" Hanji asked as she swung her arm around him. "Nick, Pandora and I are buddies! Right?" 

 "Yeah," Pandora muttered. 

 Hanji's expression changed from a cheerful one to a serious one. "He knew there were Titans inside the walls," Hanji said. "But he kept it a secret until now. I don't know why, but it seems he's serious about dying than spilling the secret out. Still, their church knows some type of secret about the walls," Hanji stated.

 "HUH!? WHAT THE HELL!?" Eren stood and shouted at Pastor Nick, but Mikasa pulled him down immediately. 

 "Calm down, you're tired from transforming," Mikasa said.

 "We could have asked other believers," Hanji continued. "But he chose to come with us. Since the situation is different now, he wants to see if he can stay true to his principles and stay silent even when seeing how things are. He said he was going to judge with his own eyes and ask himself," Hanji said.

 "That's ridiculous," Eren exclaimed. "If there's something you know, just tell us, please," he pleaded. "How could anything be more important than keeping humanity from being wiped out?" 

 "I wonder..." Hanji began, "The minister looks like a man of good and righteous judgment, but on the other hand, perhaps there's something more important to him than the extinction of humanity," Hanji spoke.

 "Well, I say he's got some guts," Levi said. "But I wonder about the others. Hard to imagine they have the same kind of willpower. There are a lot of ways to ask questions," Levi began, movement inside his jacket could be seen and out came a gun, pointing at Pastor Nick on his side. "I may not be much use right now, but I can keep an eye on one minister," he said. "I would really like to avoid blowing a hole through someone's body. I believe we both do." 

 Pandora tried to calm her conscious down for the past twenty-four hours. Hanji's words at Pastor Nick had affected her. In order to distract herself, she looked around the area they were riding past. She noticed Hanji holding something on her hand as she played with it. "What you've got there, Hanji?" Pandora asked, breaking the tension in the air.