Chapter 1: Reckless and Brave

Ten years later...

Levi ran as fast as he could along with Isabel and Farlan, his two best friends other than Pandora. They were running because they've stolen some 3D maneuver gear from the military police without them noticing. They only got three for each of them. Levi usually left Pandora out of things like this because he wanted her to be safe and because she didn't enjoy doing this sort of activity.

Pandora preferred to frame people for money by placing stolen objects like jewelry or even something ridiculous, but precious to someone, like a rubber band, on someone. Or she even pick pocketed for both work and to survive. Mostly though, Pandora preferred to sell medicines she made at a low price compared to what the tacky vendors from Wall Sina who wanted to steal every penny from the poor.

"Hey Levi," Isabel called once safe in the underground. "How will you explain this is Pandora? Eh?" She smirked.

"We're not," Levi began to say, "we're going to hide these so she won't know. And don't you dare to mention it Isabel." Levi stared at her making sure she got the message.

"Yeah, yeah." Isabel murmured. "I can't wait to use these gears!"

"Keep your voice down, Isabel." Farlan said. "You'll rant us out."

"Alright, alright."

When they got to Levi's place, there was a note on the door. "Huh? What's this?" Farlan asked. Levi took the note in his hands and read:

Gone out to grab some herbs. I'll be back in three days. Don't be reckless and Isabel don't annoy Levi. Farlan make sure Levi doesn't choke Isabel.

Love Pam.

P.s. Levi, make sure the barrels are okay. I think one of them has started to leak and it looks bad.

"She went to town?" Farlan asked after reading the note.

"It's better that they don't know she's with us, you know that Farlan." Isabel said. "Plus, she's gotta get them herbs to make some money."

"She just left eh? Oh well, I guess we should clean the place and check the barrels," Levi said. They went inside with the stolen gear and locked up the door. Isabel and Farlan went to the first floor to go play cards with other guys at the bar in order to avoid Levi since they didn't feel like cleaning. Levi went to go check on the barrels after he hid the gears, he didn't mind them playing cards for now since he was going to inspect the barrels first.

While he was at it, he decided to clean the musty, dusty area. He hated living in filth. He grabbed a broom and began to clean. As he cleaned, he noticed red liquid coming out from the barrels. No, it wasn't blood, it was the alcoholic drink.

Tsk, it's going to stain the floor, Levi thought to himself. This must be the barrel Pandora was talking about on her note. Levi tried to find out where it was leaking from, but suddenly the floor collapsed and he along with the barrels fell into the first floor of the bar.

At that time, Farlan was telling Isabel a scary story about a monster in the first floor since they decided they didn't want to go to the bar with the straps on. After Farlan was finished telling his story and left to get a drink, Isabel kept telling herself that it was just a story. Just then, the upper floor collapsed where earlier she saw the stain that looked too similar to blood. Isabel panic and grabbed the blade that came with the maneuver gear.

"It appeared! I'll fight you! Come at me!" Isabel yelled.

"Hey...," Levi managed to say once he caught his breath, "what the hell is going on?" Isabel hadn't seen Levi yet due to the rubber that had fallen on him. "Ah!" Isabel screamed. "It talked! The monster is talking!" She exclaimed without moving from the spot she was standing. Farlan came in the room with a questioning look on his face. "What happened, what is it!?" Farlan asked.