Chapter 33: Forged

Pandora had gone to her room after the meeting. She locked the door behind her and slowly slide to the ground as she began to silently cry to herself. She couldn't believe he told them all about her. She couldn't believe that they had kept it from her, and it hurt her.

Pandora gasped for air as she cried. It just hurts her so much to think that all the love ones she's been protecting for years will soon die because of her. She regretted living so much at the moment.

The door handle started moving, but when the person on the other side of the door couldn't open it and realized it was lock, the person started knocking. "Pandora, open the door," Levi said.

"N-No," Pandora managed to say, even though her voice broke.

"Pandora, I just wanna talk to you," Levi stated. "I'm not angry at you. If anything, I just want to be by your side."

Pandora started at the ground, hoping Levi will leave her alone. She tried to calm her breathing down, even if it was noticeable that she was in the hyperventilation state of crying.

"Pandora, please let me in. I just want to help," Levi said.

Pandora couldn't deny him. After all, he was always there for her when she needed help or when she felt lost. Scooting aside, she unlocked the door. Levi opened the door and saw Pandora next to the threshold of the door in a fetal position and crying her heart out. He sat next to her and pulled her in for a hug. Pandora just accepted the hug and cried into Levi's chest.

"L-Levi?" Pandora said. "D-do you hate me?"

Levi was surprised Pandora would ask that question in the first place. "No, I don't, Pandora. Not at all. I just love you, okay," Levi replied.

"Am I a bad person?" Pandora tentatively asked, afraid of the answer he'll give.

"No. You may be a bit misguided and lost, but you're not a bad person," Levi said.

"Why do you think so?" Pandora asked when she managed to calm down a bit.

"Because I know you're not," Levi replied. "Erwin didn't tell us a whole lot about you, but I figure you did bad things because it was a way of surviving."

"Yeah, surviving," Pandora echoed his words quietly to herself. "Surviving."

----------

Pandora woke up to the sound of rapid knocking on her door the next morning. She didn't feel like getting up and answering, so she pretended to stay asleep until the door was knocked down and a certain person in glasses pounced on her.

"Pandora! This is an emergency!" Hanji exclaimed.

"Hanji, get off me," Pandora wheezed as she tried to breathe. "Oh, sorry," Hanji said as she quickly got off. Pandora sat up on her bed and noticed Hanji was still in her sleep wear and her hair wasn't in the famous messy ponytail. "What happened?" Pandora asked, a hint of worry in her voice.

"Moblit and Oscar just informed me that Pastor Nick is dead!" Hanji exclaimed.

Pandora quickly put on her glasses, slippers and the military jacket over her pajamas and ran out the door with Hanji. "Hanji, how did he died?" Pandora asked as they ran to the barracks he was set in.

"I don't know, Pammy. There's MP's at the door guarding the scene," Hanji said.

"MP's?" Pandora asked. "Crap. That's not good."

"Tell me about it," Hanji said. "It be disastrous if they found out who he is."

"Hanji, I hate to break this to you, but they already did," Pandora spoke. "They know he's Pastor Nick and they know he's with us and on our side. What makes this even worse is that they murder him for one reason," Pandora said.