Chapter 16

Even though a lot of us were tired, we still found the time to celebrate.

You all went to Laughy's to celebrate your victory. 

You watched as the ninja sang and danced around the small stage. Not only that, but you laughed as little Wu was jumping around, and dancing to the music. 

But even though you were having fun, not everyone was enjoying the celebration. 

You looked at Lloyd, who stood a little distance away from everyone else. 

You had never seen Lloyd feeling betrayed, the only time you've seen him like this, was when his father sacrificed himself to save Ninjago.

You knew Lloyd could be very trusting in people, wanting to believe the best in every person he met. 

Even though you told Lloyd early on your suspicion about Harumi, now was not the time to say "I told you so."

You felt someone lay a hand on your shoulder and looked at the person. It was Misako. She nodded her head towards Lloyd, and you nodded and you both walked over to him. 

"You cared for her, didn't you?" Misako asked her son as she walked over to him, and you decided to stand beside him. 

"What does it matter?" Lloyd turned his back towards his mother. 

"It mattered to you. Bruises go away. Bones break and heal. But getting your trust and heartbroken? Take time to mourn, but don't let it destroy you. If you bury what's good about you beneath a hard shell, you'll turn out no better than Harumi." Misako comforted her son. Lloyd turned around and looked at you and his mother and smiled.

You three looked at the other singing and jumping around enjoying their time. 

"Dareth cut the music." Lloyd suddenly told Dareth, who stood behind the bar. 

"What is it, Lloyd?" Misako asked Lloyd.

"Look." He said and pointed at a small TV that was showing the news. 

"It's always good to see my beautiful Gayle Gossip." Dareth nearly swooned over the news lady. 

"Where an assailant rammed a stolen garbage truck into the front of it. I am hearing word it was a jailbreak. A prisoner was freed from custody." Gayle explained. 

"Okay, maybe not always good. Hey, didn't you just put the princess in jail? You don't think it's her, do you?" Dareth asked us. 

"Okay. I'm getting verification the prisoner that was freed was the recently-apprehended Jade Princess, Princess Harumi. Security footage caught the two on video" The news showed the security footage, and it showed something we thought we would never see again. 

Lord Garmadon...

"Holy cow. That looks like..." Dareth trailed off and looked at the ninja, who then looked at you three. 

"That...That's impossible." Lloyd said in a hushed voice.

"We... We stopped the ceremony." You stood wide-eyed and frozen in place. 

"Could be anyone," Kai said. 

"But he has four arms," Zane stated. 

"So does Mr. E! Heh. Who doesn't have four arms these days?" Jay tried to play it off. 

"We stopped the ceremony, didn't we?" Lloyd turned to his mother, who was just as jaw-slacked as everyone else. 

"I'm telling you that's not him. If that's Lord Garmadon, heh, I'm Lord of the Jig." Jay tried to joke around.