Chapter 27

Night had fallen, and the Hunters were getting ready to make a big fire. 

"It's tonight or never," Kai told Jay. 

"Well, I guess the kid's flying." Jay sighed, and Sensei Wu smiled at him. 

The Hunters dragged the wind dragon they had captured, ready to burn it over the fire to eat. 

"I've never eaten Wind Dragon. I hope it doesn't blow." Iron laughed at his own joke, you just cringed. 

You, Kai, Jay and, Zane was sat down on the ground chained a little off to the side. 

"Ah, come on. Where are they?" You could hear Kai started to get nervous about the plan. 

"Calm down, Kai, they're probably on their way." You tried to calm Kai down. 

TIME SKIP

You saw the Iron Baron inch closer to the dragon laying on the dried wood. 

"Iron Baron provides for you, and all I ask in return is your undying loyalty. Obey my commands, and your belly will be full. Defy me- Dragon." As the Iron Baron spoke to the dragon, the other Hunters around him spotted something in the sky, and at last, he saw it himself. 

You saw the dragon yourself and knew it must be Sensei Wu. You had to say, he played his role pretty darn well. 

"Fire Dragon!" Iron Baron shouted, and every hunter took their position. Sensei Wu sparked some lighting.

"It's the mother of all Dragons!" Kai shouted. 

"Oh, no! But why would Firstbourne come here?" Jay played along with Kai. 

"Um, yes. She has come to protect her Wind Dragon!" Zane was well, played along with them. 

"I swear if they fall for this." You muttered to yourself. 

"He's right. It is Firstbourne!" Daddy no legs shouted. 

"Spoke too soon." You muttered again. 

"Stations! Defend the fort!" Iron Baron shouted and everyone grabbed their weapons and got ready to fight. 

"Attack!" Iron Baron shouted and they began attacking Sensei Wu. In the midst of all the chaos, Cole came and unlocked the vengestone chains around us. 

"About time," Kai said

"Now let's get outta this nuthouse," Jay said. 

"Agreed." You said, and you all ran off.

You guys ran around the fort trying to avoid as much contact with other Hunters as possible. 

"Wow, Little Wu's really selling it," Jay said as he looked at the sky. 

"You built that, Cole?" Kai asked him. 

"Huh. Looks bigger in the air." Cole told us. 

"Guys, I don't think tha-" But before you finished your sentence, you all heard a loud crash. You all looked over and saw the dragon Cole and Sensei Wu had built. 

"Wait, if that's- The who's-" Cole asked. 

"It's the real Firstbourne!" Zane confirmed what you all had been thinking. The Firstbourne shot fire at us, but you all got out of the way.

You guys ran amok the chaos as the firstbourne attacked and the Hunters attack it back. 

"Show no fear!" Iron Baron shouted to the Hunters. The firstbourne used its ice powers to freeze some Hunters and the Iron Baron's weapon. 

You had multiple near-death encounters with the Firstbourne but luckily hid well enough from any of its elemental powers. 

"I suggest an alternative route," Zane said to us as one of the Firstbourne's ice attacks nearly hit us. 

We ran around for a while until Zane found an exit.

"We can get out there." Zane pointed out, and they all ran, but you stayed behind because you remembered something. 

"Wait. Firstbourne is here because of the Dragon they captured." Sensei Wu spoke the thing you had been thinking about. 

"Yeah! And they deserve every delicious piece of punishment they get." Jay told him. 

"Even though I want Jay to be right, we're just as responsible for luring the Firstbourne here." You stood beside Sensei Wu. 

"They forced us to." Jay tried to reason with us, but it was no go, your mind had been made up. 

" The little Master and y/n's right. We have to go back." Cole agreed with us. We all ran back to where the Wind Dragon was, and you slowly approached it. You and Kai reached out a hand for it to smell, but before it could even touch you guys, it whipped its head in the other direction. 

"Dangerbuff? You're with them? I should've known you're a traitor!" It was Daddy no legs. 

"Not a traitor," Cole said and pulled off his mustache. 

"O-ow. A ninja!" Cole told him. 

"Attack!" Daddy no legs shouted, and you got ready to fight. As the guys fought, you ran over the Wind Dragon and slowly approached it again. 

You looked into its eyes as you reached a hand forward for it to smell and touch. The dragon leaned down, permitting for you to touch it, 

You took a deep breath and took a step forwards and placed your hand on its nose and softly stroked it. 

"Hey, Buddy." You said to it. 

"What do you say we get you out of these chains?" You said and took a step back and pulled out a sword you had picked up in the rush of everything. You cut the vengestone chains, and they slowly fell off of the dragon. 

As soon as the first dragon was free, you ran around freeing all the other dragons who were chained up. 

You returned to the guys, who were still fighting, but Iron Baron was faster. 

"You brought it here! Don't let them escape. They're going to help us capture the beast." Iron Baron shouted to the Hunters, but before they could do anything, the Wind Dragon attacked them and blew them away. 

"Be free." You whispered as all the dragons returned to the Firstbourne. 

"Come on!" Cole shouted and we all began running.