Chapter 21

You and Kai walked around setting fire to a few torches that you guys had made, trying to keep any more creatures away from the crash site. 

"No sign of Cole. Or Wu for that matter. So, whatcha doin', Jay?" Kai spotted Jay and asked him what he was doing. 

"It's my new video game console. I built it myself." Jay responded quickly, clearly very taken with his new "game." 

"Ugh. Eh." Jay groaned but continued to play his "game."

You looked slowly at Kai, in which he did the same. You both looked over to Zane. Zane just pointed to his head and shook it, Then the radio made a sound. 

"Uh-huh. Is it working?" Kai asked. 

"It's working!" Zane confirmed. 

"Really? Jay, do you believe it?" Kai excitedly asked Jay. 

"Ain't no video game console with unlimited plays." Jay said, still focused on his "game."

"You hear that?" Kai asked as a sound came from the radio. 

"In place-" A voice spoke. 

"Is it a message?" Jay asked. 

"I thought your "game" was more important." You smirked at him. 

"-On my count." The voice spoke again. 

"From Ninjago?" Jay asked. 

"Have mark? Waylay." There was something about the voice and the words that came from the radio that unsettled you, but you didn't say anything. 

"It doesn't sound like it's coming from Ninjago. We may have intercepted a transmission originating from this island." Zane told us.

"Who do you think it is? Oni?" Jay suggested and that just sent a chill down your spine thinking about it. 

"Mark too. Waylay. Waylay now." The words that came out of the radio just confused you, because you didn't know what they meant. 

"Who's Mark? And what's a waylay?" Kai asked. 

"Now see, that is a good question." You said. 

"A mark is another way of saying "target." And a waylay is an ambush." Zane explained. When Zane had explained what it meant, your worst fear came true. 

"You don't think..." You trailed off. 

"Ambush? They're talking about us. We gotta get out of here!" Kai told us. 

"Where?" Jay asked him. 

"Anywhere. Run!" Both you and Kai shouted and began running. Kai threw his torchlight as to not show the enemy exactly where you were. 

You all stopped when you saw what looked like flashlights in the distance. Not even a moment h later, a spear came flying through the air and almost hit Zane. 

"Run!" Kai shouted. 

"I second that!" Jay shouted. 

We all ran towards what looked like a forest of some sort, it was hard to see in the fog. 

"Where are they?" Kai asked as we all ran. 

"I don't have a visual," Zane shouted. Right after he had said that a chain grabbed him out of nowhere and pulled him away from our group. 

"Zane!" Jay shouted, and we all stopped for a moment before we began running again. 

"Kai? Aah!" Jay shouted before he was pulled into the fog and disappeared. 

"Jay!" Both you and Kai shouted after him. 

Kai grabbed your hand and began running as fast as he could, and you followed. 

Unfortunately, it didn't take long for the strangers to catch you two either. 

You felt the chain wrap around you two. You were quick to react and wrapped your arms around your abdomen to protect your baby, luckily, the chain didn't hit it. 

"No!" Kai shouted as you two were dragged into the fog just like the others.  

MEANWHILE

Lloyd, Nya, Misako, Dareth, and P.I.X.A.L had found the other half of the remains of the Bounty. 

"They could still be...alive," Lloyd said to Nya, while holding a picture of all of you, and a small picture of you and Lloyd on your wedding day. 

He looked at you and your big smile and smiled back, relishing the thought of you and the guys still being alive. 

But that joy was cut short when The Sons of Garmadon found them. 

Luckily, the other elemental master came in the nick of time and saved them. 

BACK TO YOU

You guys had been handcuffed with vengestone and blindfolded. 

You were being let somewhere you didn't know. All of a sudden we stopped. 

"Ooh, are we playing hide and seek?" Jay asked, still in his very relaxed state of mind. 

"Get your mitts off me! Argh!" The stranger tried to make you guys get on your knees, but Kai decided to fight against them, which didn't work so well. 

We were all pushed to our knees. 

"Careful!" Zane shouted as he was right next to you, as they took off your blindfolds. 

"Lost...are we?" You heard a raspy voice asked. You looked up and saw a very pale man and others who looked like him laughing at you guys.