Chapter 41

"How far, Nya?" Cole asked her as we sailed away from Ninjago City. 

"We're going as fast as we can, but this ship needs some fine-tuning for sure," Nya told him. 

You heard Jay scream and whipped your head around to what made him scream. You saw Garmadon looking at him, and then walking away from Jay. 

"Am I the only one freaking out about this?" Jay asked us as a group. 

"Why freak out? Our derange, psychotic, arch-nemesis is now our house guest." Kai sarcastically said to Jay. 

"I find the term "freak out" inadequate and imprecise. I prefer to say I am deeply troubled." Zane voiced his concern. 

"Lloyd? Are you sure he can be trusted?" Nya whispered to Lloyd. 

"No. Of course not." Lloyd whispered back. 

"Of course not?! That's not what you're supposed to say. You're supposed to say "yes." Jay whisper yelled at Lloyd. 

"What choice do we have? If Master Wu is right, and we're under attack by the Oni then my father may be our best chance. And anyway, he doesn't have his powers back, so how much trouble can he really cause?" Right as Lloyd said that, Lord Garmadon pressed a button that turned off the thrusters. 

"Did he just turn off the-" Zane started, but the Bounty already started to plummet to the ground? 

"Oh, great," Kai said. 

"Y/n!" Lloyd shouted and you both grabbed onto each other and held on tight. 

"He shut off the engines! We're gonna crash!" Jay shouted. 

"Zane, the emission switch! Hit the emission switch!" Nya shouted to Zane. Kai lost his grip and ended up falling towards Zane and knocked him further away from the switch. 

"Ah! I can see the ground! It's getting really close, really fast!" Jay shouted to Zane, and he jumped into action. 

Zane crawled his way over to the switch and managed to hit the switch right before we would've crashed into the ground below us. 

"Hmm. That button should be labeled." Garmadon said and walked away. 

"Ugh! It is labeled! It says, "Don't push while in motion!" Nya shouted, but Garmadon didn't seem to be listening and just walked away. 

"I swear, he's getting on my nerves." You gritted your teeth, but not showing it. 

"Perhaps it would be wise to accompany your father, Lloyd, to prevent further... mishaps," Zane suggested to Lloyd

"Ugh, I can't believe I have to babysit my own father." Lloyd groaned as he started walking after his father. 

"Maybe I should go with you-" You suggested.

"No, I don't want him to hurt you or our babies." Lloyd cut you off but immediately saw the hurt in your eyes. 

"I'm sorry, y/n, I just don't want anything to happen to you." Lloyd apologized. 

"It's okay, Lloyd, I understand." You gave him a weak smile. 

"I'll be right back," Lloyd said and kissed your cheek before he went off to find his father. 

Lloyd followed his father into the ninja's cabin where everyone but you and Lloyd slept together. 

Garmadon spotted the small board of pictures hanging on the wall and inspected them. He first saw the various picture of the group together, then he spotted a picture of a more recent ultrasound. Next to it was a picture of you exposing your huge stomach for everyone to see. The smile you were giving the camera was as bright as the sun itself.