Chapter 40

We found the Firstbourne rather quickly, and Master Wu ran over to it and made sure it was okay. 

The Firstbourne opened its fisted claws and Faith came crawling out. 

"Oh, my gosh. Faith." Jay said and both he and Nya ran over to her. 

"Are you okay?" Nya asked her, but he got no answer. 

"Faith, what happened? Who did this?" Master Wu asked him, and she leaned up and whispered in his ear. 

"What did she say?" Jay asked Master Wu. 

"She said... a darkness is coming." Master Wu told us what Faith had told him. 

TIME SKIP

We had contacted the others and told them what had happened, and they came as fast as they could. 

We all were outside the room Master Wu and Misako had put her in, waiting for one of them to come out. 

Finally, Master Wu came out of the room. 

"How is she?" Lloyd asked him. 

"Will she be okay?" Nya asked him as he closed the door behind him. 

"I've given her a powerful healing potion. She will recover. As will Firstbourne, though it will take time." Master Wu explained to us. 

"Did she say what happened?" Cole asked him. 

"She said... Darkness swept over the Realm of Oni and Dragon. She tried to resist it, but it grew and grew, consuming all in its path. Those who were touched by it were frozen where they stood like statues." Master Wu told us what Faith had told him, and it didn't sound very pleasant. 

"I was at Kryptarium Prison, visiting my father. He said something similar. He said, "The darkness is coming." Lloyd told Master Wu what his father had told him in Kryptarium prison. 

"Well, that's creepy," Jay said and tried to blow the black steam away.

"But what is it? What is the darkness?" Cole asked. 

"What else did he say?" Master Wu asked Lloyd. 

"Something about "The Bringers of Doom," Lloyd told him what he remembered his father telling him. 

"Bringers of doom." Master Wu said quietly. He went into his room and walked over to his bookshelf and took out a rather large book. 

"There, That's it." He said and pointed to a page in the book. 

"I don't like the look of that," Cole said when he saw the page. 

"Oh. Me neither. What is it?" Kai agreed with Cole and asked. 

"It is an Oni. My father called them the Bringers of Doom. He feared that they would one day spread out from their realm and cover all the lands of creation in darkness." Master Wu explained to us that it was an Oni, something Cole, Jay, Kai, Zane, and you had heard of before. 

"That's a crazy legend. Good thing it's just a legend, right?" Jay laughed, but no one laughed along with him. 

"Many legends begin in truth. And if there is any truth to this... we must prepare." Master Wu told us. 

"How?" Lloyd asked and snuck a glance at you. 

"We must warn Ninjago City. There isn't a moment to lose." Master Wu told us, and everyone except you and Lloyd ran after them. 

"The Bringers of Doom," Lloyd whispered to himself. You placed a hand on his shoulder and he looked at you. You nodded your head towards the others and you both ran towards the new Bounty.