Chapter 39

Many months passed since you had told everyone you were having twins, and past these many months, you had gotten bigger and bigger. 

It also got harder for you to stand and walk for long. 

And with you getting bigger, Lloyd got more protective of you and what you were doing, but the other guys also get rather protective when Lloyd wasn't around, especially Cole. 

Today, Lloyd was going to Kryptarium prison to visit his father, Lord Garmadon. Ever since you guys captured Lord Garmadon, Lloyd has been hesitant to let you see him again. 

"I'll better get going, I want to get this over with and see what he meant what he said last time," Lloyd said. 

"Be careful okay, I know he may be your father, but he is still Lord Garmadon." You said to him. 

"I will, Honey, and while I'm away, You'll have to take care of these two troublemakers." Lloyd smiled and placed a hand on your huge stomach. 

"Don't worry, I will. Both Kai and Jay are here if something happens." You smiled back at him. 

"Just remember to call if something happens okay," Lloyd said. 

"I will Now get going, the sooner you go, the sooner you'll get back." You teased him. 

"Okay, okay, I'll see you later y/n." Lloyd smiled and kissed you before leaving. 

"Okay you two, he's gone, so now Jay show us what you got." You said and sat down on the small couch in the old gaming room in the monastery. 

"Nya? I've wanted to ask you this for... a... long time. Um, will you... be my Yang?" Jay was down on one knee and presented his Yin-Yang token to Kai. 

"No, no, no. You can't ask like that." Kai said. 

"Why not?" Jay asked. 

"You have to ask with confidence. Like this." Kai said and switched places with Jay and used his charm. 

"Hey, Nya, how's it going? I've been thinking... you and me... we make a pretty good pair. So what do you say we make it official?" Kai took Jay's Yin-Yang token and offered it to him as a proposal. You tried hard not to laugh at the scenario in front of you. 

"Yes." Jay happily said and took the Yin-Yang token from Kai. 

"See," Kai said to him. 

"Wait, no. I can't ask like that. It doesn't feel right. It feels too...I don't know- cocky." Jay complained. 

"Who's cocky?" Dareth poked his head into the room. 

"Nobody. Jay's trying to find the right way to ask Nya to be his Yang." Kai told Dareth. 

"Seriously? You and Nya? Wow." Dareth wow'ed at fact. 

"Aw. Kai, do you mind?" Jay groaned. 

"Oh. Sorry. It's supposed to be secret, so don't tell anyone." Kai apologized and told Dareth not to tell anyone yet. 

"The Yin-Yang promise is a beautiful and sacred tradition, Jay. Congratulations. Ah. I'm so excited to be part of it. Eh-hee. I-I am part of it, right?" Dareth asked Jay. 

"Yes, Dareth," Jay assured him. 

"If he ever asks Nya," Kai said, but was quickly cut off. 

"Ask me what?" Nya walked into the room, and we all panicked a little. 

"Um, ask you where you got that shirt-ha ha-because it's awesome. I want one." Jay quickly recovered. 

"It's a kimono, Jay. A traditional gown was worn by women." Nya explained to him

"Oh yeah, I have worn a kimono before." You said and walked over. 

"Uh, guys can wear them, too," Jay said and turned towards Kai and Dareth for help. 

"Ooh, I would look so good in a kimono," Dareth said, and you almost laughed. 

"Uh, so, where's Master Wu," Kai asked, trying to recover the conversation. 

"In the courtyard, supervising the new mural," Nya told us. 

"Ooh, ooh, I wanna see." Dareth rushed outside to see the mural. 

"Well, let's go see this new mural." You said and started to get up, Kai quickly came to your aid and helped you. 

"Thank you, Kai." You said. 

"You'll have to be careful from now on, we'll never know when these two will pop out," Kai told you as you two walked outside. 

"I know, Just don't turn into Lloyd, he would have thrown a fit if he saw me walking around so much. And definitely don't tell him about our secret training sessions, he'll have both our heads." You laughed and Kai laughed with you. 

"That'll be our little secret," Kai told you. 

You two walked outside, and you immediately spotted the mural. 

"Wow." Jay awed at the mural. 

"Will ya look at that," Kai said. 

"It is the history of Ninjago, a history in which all of you played a significant role." Master Wu told us. 

We began reminiscing about our adventures through the years, remembering all the pain and hardship you all went through. 

"What's that?" Kai asked and walked towards the painting with The Tornado of Creation on it.  

"The Tornado of Creation. Don't you remember? We all came together and formed that—that bone-cage thingy." Jay explained to him. 

"Oh yeah. Ha. Can't believe that worked." Kai seemed to remember after Jay explained it to him. 

"Uhhh, except I don't remember looking that impressive." Jay pointed out. 

"Yeah, Master Wu. Are you sure you want to commemorate this moment? I mean, we've had better ones." Kai asked Master Wu. 

"It is a part of our history. When all hope seemed lost, you confronted destruction with creation. Balance was restored. That is the power of Spinjitzu, which we must always-" But before Master Wu could finish his sentence, a portal opened and a dragon came flying out. 

"That looked like Firstbourne." Kai pointed out, and he was right. 

"Come on!" Jay shouted, and we all ran towards where the Firstbourne crashed landed.