Chapter 22

KHUSHI sat in the bath tub in the Raizada Mansion imprisoned in throes of her day dream. She remembered the love filled weekend at hotel Amarvilas, a week ago.

Her body heated up when she thought of the raw passion he had unleashed when he had taken her urgently on the dresser. But then later the same night, he had exercised utmost control and taken his time worshipping her entire body like he was a dying man quenching his thirst. Again in the wee hours of dawn, she had awakened to see him staring at her with those mesmerizing caramel eyes and she was lost in their swirling depths, willingly giving herself up as he devoured her ravenously.

Much later that morning, just she had sunk into the bathtub completely covered by bubbles and closed her eyes, grateful for the piping hot water as it soothed her sore body, Arnav had walked in and taken off his shirt revealing his perfectly toned muscles . 'I thought we could save time as we are running late for Mr Sheik's lunch.' He had stripped before she could open her mouth and climbed into the tub.

Her stomach did a flip flop when she remembered how he had lathered her with the soapy water, massaging her gently, all over. But instead of soothing her he had ended up arousing her and himself, and there was no other option but to assuage the flames that raged within. They had ended up being late for the lunch.

It had been like this since their trip to Agra. It was like all inhibitions had flown out the window in that magical place. They had become insatiable.

He had come to her school one afternoon, surreptitiously watching her while he talked on the phone for a good one hour, reminding her of the days when she used to practice dance in Naniji's room. Then he had taken her to their farm house which happened to be close. 'I couldn't wait until tonight Khushi...' he told her.

One time, he came back early from work when she been sitting in the living room having tea with Anjali , Payal and Naniji. Everyone was expecting him to join them but he told them that he had to talk to Khushi regarding the Agra meeting. Only she could understand that his caramel brown eyes were simmering with desire, as he indicated for her to come up with a slight movement of his head. She had shaken her head with the slightest of nods refusing to comply. He strode up the stairs and in a few seconds she heard his booming voice. 'Khushi, I need you here now!'

She remembered how her anger had risen, her face turning a deep shade of red as the three women at the table tried hard to supress their chuckles. Laad Governor! She had walked into the room so she could give him a piece of his mind. 'What do you think---' She couldn't complete the sentence as Arnav pushed her against the door, crashing his lips against her, fast and furious. The moments their tongues had meshed Khushi's anger had vaporised into thin air, clutching at his hair with an urgency that matched his own.

The shrill ring of the phone brought Khushi out of her reverie and she hurried out of her bath, her heart fluttering like a humming bird, thinking it might Arnav. Did he remember what day it was? When she looked at her phone, reality hit her like a splash of cold water, bringing her out of her daydream. She closed her eyes, her heart twisting painfully. It was Shyam. Hey Mata Rani, protect me, she prayed.

A little later, Arnav and Anjali sat in a coffee shop. They had just come out of a meeting with the lawyer regarding their father's will.

'Di,' Arnav placated. 'I don't know why you are so upset about the will.'

'There is something wrong Arnav,' Anjali said her face twisted in consternation. 'Dad would never do something like this.'

'Di, it is alright,' Arnav consoled his sister. 'I don't deserve it anyway.'

'It's not about who deserves what Arnav,' Anjali moved her hands in agitation. She took a document out of her purse. 'I have the copy of the will he made a year ago. I went along with him to make this one. He left the Lucknow house to both of us.'