Epilogue

Five Years later....

KHUSHI stood in the garden picking jasmine flowers, standing in the midst of the Plumaria, Ipomoea, Jacqemontia creepers. Suddenly she felt two strong hands enveloping her waist and the rasp of stubble as her husband placed his soft velvety lips on shoulder.

'Arnav, stop it,' she admonished him. 'Our neighbours might see us.'

'You think those lazy gooses are up this early?' he continued up her neck, sliding the spaghetti strap off her shoulder. 'You were so enthusiastic last night.'

The bathroom door opened.

'Khushi?' He sat up looking at her from top to bottom.

She stood there wearing a short, red night gown with a deep U. Lacy nets adorned the neckline and the hem. She looked utterly sexy with her thick khol lined eyes, rose tinted lips and her long black hair on one shoulder.

He gulped as she came up to him. She placed her palm on his chest and pushed him back to lay on the pillow. Then she straddled him and raked her nails across his broad shoulders, his rippling chest, down to his abs and paused at the waistband of his pants. She leaned over so her lips were inches from his. 'Tell me Mr. Arnav Singh Raizada, what can I do for you tonight.'

She knew he wouldn't relent. She turned around and allowed him to claim her lips in mind numbing, heart stopping kiss. Then she pushed at his chest. 'Look how beautifully these plants have grown Arnav.'

'Why wouldn't they?' he said nonchalant. 'You personally re-designed this garden five years ago.'

'Thanks for buying me my dream house Arnav.' Khushi's face filled with pride as she looked at their perfect two storeyed white house, with white Georgian windows, white pillars and a white picket fence around it.

On their return from Dehradun five years ago, instead of going back to the Raizada House he had driven her to a gated community that was close to their farm house. Just as they entered the gates, she had realized it was the same place Arnav and she had visited on the night of Akash's bachelor's party, on her insistence.

Arnav had bought the house from the owner paying much more than what it was worth and had planned to gift it to her on her birthday. But their argument regarding the joint account had made him sceptical and he had kept mum. Then, when she had accepted the car without a fuss he had planned to surprise her with the house on his return from Singapore. Khushi remembered how thrilled she had been at a chance to re-design the garden to her liking. She however had to wait until much later to decorate the house as they had left for their honeymoon to Mauritius the very next day.

They had come back and had immediately left for the US, as Arnav needed to be back to take care of his business. After a two year stay they had returned back when Arnav realized that Khushi had begun to feel homesick.

They walked back into the house. 'Are we all set for the party this evening?'

'Well, the event organizers are taking care of everything,' Khushi replied. 'There is nothing for me to do.'

He looked at his phone and then back at her. 'Looks like there is nothing for me to do either – at least for the next half hour,' He turned on his husky voice. 'There might be something we could do together.'

'Arnav!' Khushi gasped, her heart beating its erratic rhythm as he picked her up in his arms and walked up the stairs.

Later that evening, Khushi stood in the kitchen, staring dismally at the last batch of jalebis, that were burnt beyond recognition. She threw them in the trash cursing herself for her negligence. Even after years together, her husband had the ability to distract her to this extent. Oh well, it wasn't going to be a big loss as she had made enough already.