Chapter 12

She arched her body, thrusting her breasts up as he placed wet kisses across the swell of her breasts. She clutched the hair at the back of his dark head as he traced an infinitesimally slow trail up her collar bone to her throat. He was killing her with his indolence so much that she urgently tugged at his hair forcing him to raise his head. His caramel eyes seared her before he swooped down to take her rosy lips with equal urgency. His tongue darted into the molten cavern of her mouth to mate with hers, sending a streak of electricity right down to her core, making hot liquid pool there. As he continued to assault her mouth, his hands moved down to mould her breasts, moving down her rib cage to the soft swell of her stomach, continuing to inch downward.....

Arrrnavv!

'Khushi, are you okay?' Arnav's voice broke through her haze and she blinked her eyes to see his caramel eyes filled with concern. She looked about herself to see that they were in the tiny room in the tourist complex. She had been dreaming!

Sometime during the night, he seemed to have found a clean blanket. But to her consternation she had found her hand clutching his shoulder, her body plastered to his, his hand around her waist and her leg lodged snugly between his.

'Did you have a nightmare?' he prodded.

'Uh....hmm,' she muttered not trusting herself to speak. She stole a glance at him to see a flash of awareness entering his eyes that very second.

Detaching himself from her, he was up in an instant and went into the bathroom. After a few minutes he stepped out. 'I will try to find a tooth brush or at least some tooth paste.' He mumbled before leaving the room.

Khushi came out to stand near the window, hugging herself against the chill that had crept into her once again. She looked out into the garden with people walking about. As she took in the greenery and the flowers she realized everything looked so normal in the early morning light.

When she had stepped in the lobby the previous night, seeing the men approach them she had wondered for one brief moment if the place was haunted. She chuckled at her own silliness.

'I found a brush and paste,' Arnav told her as he entered the room, 'Go freshen up quickly.' The imperious tone was back. Laad Governor!

After brushing her teeth, Khushi decided to grab a quick shower and quickly undressed. She realized that she smelled of his inimitable musky fragrance and her heartbeat quickened as it suddenly hit her that she had spent an entire night in his arms.

As she splashed on the cold water from the bucket, her eyes began to smart at the tenderness with which he had spoken to her in the morning. Khushi, are you okay?

After she stepped out, Arnav took his turn with the bathroom. As she went about straightening the room, there was a knock on the door and as she opened it there was a man with a tray and two cups of steaming beverage. He put the cups on the table and told her one was tea and the other coffee - black. She picked up her cup and went to sit on the chair by the window.

Arnav came out of the bathroom, his hair damp from the bath. Khushi's heart skipped a beat at how rugged he looked with his hair on his forehead and the thick growth of stubble on his cheeks. He had discarded his waist coat and pulled the tails of his shirt out of his waistband.

He gulped down his lukewarm coffee and put down the coffee cup. 'I will be downstairs checking out. Come down when you are ready. Don't forget to wear my coat.'

It was still seven'o clock in the morning and still foggy but the day light had made visibility a little easier. Arnav was in and out of calls all through the journey and Khushi was lost in her own thoughts.