snowballs

summary: it's a snowy day at the compound, and everyone gets into their battling gear for snowball fights outside. loki, however, is more or less frightened of the snow, you comfort him, turning him around.
warnings: lil fluffy
word count: 487

everyone makes their ways out onto the yard, snow blanketing over invitingly.

you go to head out but notice a tall figure eyeing the movements outside, the team already throwing snowballs at one another, laughing.

heading further into the compound, you walk up to him in your big, wooly jumper.
"don't you look cosy." loki smiles.
you laugh a little, "very actually. you not coming?"
"no, thank you."
"why not?"

he looks up, almost seeming offended that you had simply just asked. his eyebrows were narrow and so were his iced over eyes.

"sorry, i was only asking." you sigh, "i enjoy your company, loki." you were going to add to that statement, but you ought to leave it that before he slaps your wrist for being too sappy.

you turn to join the others before he calls you, "i'd love to come out..." he trails.
"so come along." you smile wider, excited for him to experience his first snowball fight with the team.
he pains a chuckle, "i just can't."
"stop being a riddler, and tell me why loki."

"haven't you put the pieces together yourself, y/n?" he pulls away from the counter he was at, walking towards you with a silly, but painful grin, ice in his tone, "i'm a frost giant. i can't simply just go out into snow."
"i'll get you gloves!" you excitedly say, and he grabs your wrist before you can leave.

pulling you towards him, he gets close to you, his eyes full of hurt, "before anything, you'll have to put me in a hazmat suit. if it touched my face i'll simply turn a light shade of blue, or show some sort of mark of laufey." he sighs, letting you out of his grasp, "thank you for your commitment, but i can't."

"loki." stroking your hand down his face, he seemed concerned at first, but fluttered his eyes closed to the comforting touch. "please stop." you say, "please stop thinking so low of yourself. the team loves you. thor loves you. and i love you."
he doesn't reply, just a sad look resting on his face. you sigh, "alright.." you really wanted loki to feel okay, "i'll stay in here with you." you go to turn to him, and he's suddenly outside balling up some snow, "you might want to get some ammo."

"what turned you around so quickly?" you laugh, walking out into the cold and noticing his hands going blue as he continues to hold the snowball.
"somehow, y/n." he says, looking down at you with a warm smile, "i love you too."

you grin, your heart going warm, "now let's kick their arses."