tell it to shut up, or i'm about to smash it

summary: loki is getting annoyed with midgardian devices.you find it highly amusing.
warnoings: none
worri couni: 695

strolling into the living quarters, you find the god of mischief staring blankly at the ipad rested on the coffee table. you frown, wondering why he was looking at it so funnily, "what's that ipad ever done to you?" you tease.

not even jumping to your presence, he speaks as you assume he already knew you were there - which was no surprise really. "this thing seems to have a mind of it's own."
you laugh, folding your arms as you watch him glare at it, "what?"
"it's talking to me."
"what's it saying?" you suppress another laugh. confused, the god leans back slightly, not breaking away his gaze as he pokes it with his index finger, "something about it wanting to play with me?"

"seems like it's flirting with you." you playfully nudge him in the shoulder as you walk past. he looks up at you, his icy eyes showing nothing but disbelief, "what? no."
"yep." you say, strolling off into the kitchen.
"i honestly don't see the point in trying to fool me, mortal."
you huff, "oh, shush," you wave your hand at him, "have a sense of humor."
he tends to ignore your snakiness, "must you tell me what it is actually intending?"
"it's a device, loki." you pick up a breakfast bar, unravelling it's wrapper as you wonder over to where the god sits.

leaning over the couch and peering over his shoulder, "it's just saying that it wants you to play with it. it's a game notification."
"why does it want me to do that?"
"well, the people that created the game want you to mainly invest in it and pay for useless stuff. they always seem to convince you, but not good ol' me. not them tricks."
"tricks, eh?" he lifts his head back, throwing you a mischievous look.
"loki, no. don't you dare."
"i'm quite daring, darling. i wouldn't challenge it."
"i will roundhouse your ass."

he scoffs, folding over his arms. loki opens his mouth to say a cocky remark, but the device presented in front of him pings with another message. he freezes and stares at it blankly again, "shut up, silly thing."
you laugh, "it won't obey your words."
"i'll make it."
you lift yourself over the couch, and plop yourself next to loki, pulling up your legs and crossing them over as you raise an eyebrow at him, "what you going to do? tell it to kneel?" you snort.
"very funny, mortal."
"i have a name you know?"
"yes, and that's mortal."
you roll your eyes, "then i must call you puny for every time you call me a mortal."
"that's-"

the device dings again, interrupting him once more; this certainly wasn't going to end well. you take a glance at him, biting into your breakfast bar as you watch over him amusingly, waiting for his next move.
"don't interrupt me, filthy oaf." loki's temper increases.
you snort, "you just called an ipad a 'filthy oaf', i don't think it can bet any better than that." you say this, receiving a slightly dirty look from the god beside you, "don't push me, mortal."
"i was just saying, puny."
"you won't be when-"

ding.

"okay-" he bites the inside of his lip as he closes his eyes, curling his fists, "you tell it to shut up, or i'm about to smash it."
you snort once more, but a little louder as you begin to see the mighty norse grow frustrated over a pathetic little ipad, "okay, okay." you laugh, pulling up the device into your hands.

he watches over, intrigued on how it's obeying you just with the touch of your fingertips. "there, it should stay quiet now." you say, placing the device back down onto the glass surface, taking a final bite out of your snack.

"how on earth did you do that?" loki wonders genuinely, but slight irritation laced between his words. all you reply with is, "magic." and the good riddance of your presence - leaving him to grumble under his breath that it clearly wasn't magic.