hopeless romantic

summary: you and loki have been put in a cell, and you never have really gotten on because you're both stubborn and sour. but you both start warming up at the end.
warnings: a slap and some fluff
word count: 836

"well this is a nice change of scenery."
"it's a prison cell."
"i was being sarcastic, you of all people should detect that."
"i'm not a witchdoctor of sorts."
"you act like it-"

harsh, pounding knocks shook the door behind you, whoever on the other side telling you both to be quiet.

the interior of the cell performed the same as the white room; it was driving you insane with the sickly colour scheme of orange, yellow, green and white. wasn't even a nice green either.

strapped around your neck was what you believed to be preventing your abilities - in general, and the ability to get out of here.
your eyes averted in the silence, your eyes locking onto the same necklace loki had around his neck.

"surely the choker doesn't get rid of your personality?" you say, laughing as you read his dull face.
he smirks, "obviously not, you're still half as annoying."
"okay-" you roll your eyes, trying to come up with something, "yeah, okay..." you agree, getting a scoff from the god opposite you.

at the moment you were both sat on the floor. legs upright as loki rested his forearms on his raised knees, your legs rested flat on the ground, hands resting comfortably on your thighs.

"how are we getting out then?"
"do you ever shut up?"
"i'm only asking how we're getting out, loki."
"i'm only asking if you ever shut up." loki looks up at you with narrow eyes, "y/n."
"your mentality is superior but also childish."
"how rude."
"you're intractable." you coy.
he tests back, "you're infernal."
"you're pestilent."

loki leans forwards, his chest touching his knees as he makes icy eye contact with you, cooing at your insults, "big words for you, aren't they?"
"are you calling me dumb?"
"simply a fool at times."

"says you!"
"when have i ever been a fool!" he snaps.
you chuckle, "that time when you merely tried pranking me, but i caught you in the act."
"that was intentional."
"sure it was."
"i was tricking you into thinking i was silly."
"since when would you jeopardise your ego?"

he went silent, "touché."

you hear banging on the door again, you stand up in temper, smashing your fists in reply, "do you mind!"
the window opens, "i would like peace."
"go away then."

the window shuts again, you slump down and massage your temples. "someone has temper."
"shut up, loki."
"took you as more of a calm maiden."

your eyes avert, "what did you just call me."
"a calm maiden."
"i will kill you with my bare hands."
"but you're a maiden." he plays, a smirk on his lips as he watches your blood boil.
"right you little shit-" you leap forwards, pinning loki to the ground and keeping him in place on his stomach.

"all it takes is a twist, loki."
"you've gone insane already." he laughs, "maiden."

you reach for his jaw, but he kicks you off of him, your back pressed against the wall as he then stands above you; towering.

"don't you like that?"
"i don't like you."
loki chuckles, crouching down, "i'm so sorry." he coos sarcastically, fanning a finger over your jaw so you look at him.

you didn't take embarrassment for his entertainment.

something he didn't expect was the hard, painful slap across his cheek; ouch, that was going to stain.

satisfied by the swift change of loki smirking to utter disbelief and agony, you sneered, "i said i don't like you." you lean forwards, pushing him down as you return to your side of the room.

there was a long silence, noises of grunting from loki at the bottom of the room as he rubbed his sore face.
you smiled, knowing you had put him in his place.

"you have quite the slap, dear."
"come up with something new, have we?"
"not that one?" he frowns, "how's love?"
you narrow your eyes as you look at him, "loki."
"no?" he puts a finger to his lips in thought, "perhaps, sweetheart?"
"drop it, i don't want your pathetic, belittling nicknames."
"yes you do." he looks at you with genuine thought.

you eye him, a long pause before you look to your right and give him a look from the corner of your eye, "sweetheart's nice."
he lightly chuckles, "thought you'd like that one."

"because i'm sweet? how cute of you." you turn to him, a cocky tone laced in your words.
he shakes his head, "no." he smiles, looking at the ground, "you're simply a hopeless romantic."
"please." you roll your eyes.
"i know this from when i'm reading, you have a tendency of listening in from my door; yes, i know you're there."
"i was wondering if you were talking to someone."
"jealous tendencies."
"i'm concerned about you."
"oh?"

"i'm there when you get bullied, there when thor mentions frigga - how disheartened you get. i know how it feels. i'm just caring."
"now you are living up to your nickname, sweetheart."
"don't make me slap you again."
he coos at you before the door opens, your back falling a little, "dr. morbius wants you."