" all i want for christmas is you~ "

summary: it's christmas decor time! you, thor, wanda and loki decorate, and it all wraps up with some silly dances and out of tune singing.
warnings: fluff, christmas festivity (i'm sorry if you don't celebrate, or celebrate something different)
word count: 1118

"merry christmas!" you walked in with a chirp, greeting some of the team.
"it's the first of december." banner said, making some coffee.
"which gives every excuse; merry christmas, y/n." tony says happily, and you grin at him, "when are we pulling the decorations out?"
"maybe later on today, perhaps?"
"i'm not going to complain." you hum, planting yourself next to tony.

later in the day, a booming voice bundles through, "everyone keeps talking about this christ-of-mas, but no one's explaining what's so special about it."
"christmas is the set time for festivities and gatherings. a perfect time to cuddle up with one another and watch festive films, drink hot chocolate-"
"and wine." nat adds.
"yes, and wine," you laugh, putting down the box you were carrying, nat and thor copying after you, "there's games, giving presents and receiving them."
"midguardians and their strange traditions." thor grins, "sounds lovely! i'm excited!"
you smile at thor's excitement.

you and thor had managed to build up the tree, since everyone had agreed on getting a fake one because no one can trust on another to water the real one.
"now what, lady y/n?"
"what happens is," you say, walking over to the box that seemed to have all the decorations inside, "we decorate the tree."
"but why?"
you pause, "i'm actually not sure." you chuckle.
"it would be a bit strange to have a random tree undecorated, so why not?" wanda wonders in, leaning against the counter and taking a bite out of a sandwhich, "do you want some assistance?"
"if you want." you smile over, "more the merrier - surprised tony isn't helping."
"are you?" wanda laughs, walking over.

it had already fallen dark by 4pm, and everyone was beginning to wonder into the living area bit by bit, complimenting yours, thor's and wanda's work.
"odin's beard, what happened in here?"
"brother!" thor stands up, a tiny box of lights in hand. he walks over to his confused brother, and puts an arm around him, "this is what midguardians celebrate at this time of year."
"hm.." loki frowns.
"christ-of-mas."
"christmas." you say, untangling lights.
"that's what i said." thor said, confused, "come help brother! it's so much fun!"
"i rather not. i don't want to be involved in this silly little festivity."
"how dare you." you say, acting offended, picking up some tinsel and walking over to the two brothers.

thor lets go of his brother and returns to his box of lights, picking at the plastic to try and open them. on your side of the room, you swing the silver tinsel around loki's neck, giving him a scarf, "awe, how pretty."
"your idea of "pretty" is disturbing."
"that's not nice to say about yourself, loki." you grin at him innocently, his silence hinting that he got your compliment, but didn't know how to react.
"take this thing off me."
"fine, fine, grumpy-pants." you chuckle, swinging it off him and putting it around your own neck and grin up at him, "your loss for not wanting to look this fabulous."

a few minutes later, thor managed to pester loki into helping put up the finishing decorations. there was music bouncing around the room, a traditional playing:
"there is just one thing i need~" tony obnoxiously sings, swinging an arm around steve, "come on, old fella."
"i don't care about the presents~"
"underneath the christmas tree.." steve mumbles, but laughs at tony's stupidity of swaying them side to side in a terrible rendition of the waltz.
"i prefer the prisons." loki says bluntly, but once you look over you see him holding back a smile.

walking over, you hand him a star, he looks down at you bluntly, as if you were expecting him to know what to do with it.
"you said the tree needed urgent fashion help." you say.
"wouldn't call this fashion."
"well - i'm deeply sorry your highness, but we're not putting a black star up there."
"why not?" he slightly smirks.
"because that's not festive."
"but out-of-tune singing is?"
"in fact, yes." you say, "you're taller than me," you go on, pointing at the decorated tree.
he grumbles after looking back down at the star, "fine. i might as well."

the tall god walks over, pressing a hand on the wall to make sure he doesn't stumble and fall, leaning up and managing to put the star on top of the tree perfectly first try.
"see, how fun was that?" you nudge his side, not getting a reply due to tony's loud singing voice and insane dancing, spinning nat around on his fingers, singing, "cause i just want you here tonight~"
"holding onto me so tight~" wanda and clint dance.

you chuckle and look up at loki, he looks down and frowns before widening his eyes, "don't you dare even think about it."
you smirk, "live a little, trickster!" you say, pulling on his arm and taking his other, going back and forth and shimmying your shoulders, joining in on the singing, "cause baby all i want for christmas is you!~"
"who wouldn't?" loki smirks, not even trying to dance.
"oh please, you won't even dance with me."

swiftly, he pulls you into him by your wrist, placing a hand in yours and a hand on your waist, swaying you both elegantly, "how's this for your silly tradition?" he smiles small.
"could do with some work." you hold back your fluster, and distract yourself by exaggerating the dance you were doing with loki, putting more of a bop to it, he lets out a loud laugh, "this is not dancing!"
"who are you to say?" you laugh with him.

even though his words standalone sounded like he wasn't enjoying his first christmas, his wide smile and loud laughs differed. he didn't pull away from your silly dance, he did in fact decorate, and put the star on top of the tree.

two minutes or so flew by, and everyone part from thor and loki sang together,
"is...you!~" everyone attempts the high note, loki letting a laugh tumble out, as your exaggerated dance continued until the very end of the song.

"i believe midguardians say "merry christmas", right?"
you hum, agreeing.
"merry christmas, y/n." he says, smiling softly at you.
you feel warm in his little embrace of kindness, from his smile to his soft tone, the hands on your waist, "merry christmas, loki."