not one for romance

summary: loki reads you a romance novel, even if he says he doesn't like it. you then take your chances to test that.
warnings: fluffy
word crucio curse: 325

a little while ago, you had given a brilliant founded suggestion to loki about a book you were reading. he was convinced that it was probably going to be boring, knowing it's revolved around love.

however, no matter how many times he said he disliked the thought of romance, it was a different matter with you; he just didn't know how to tell you.

when you had suggested that you would read it together, you could have sworn you saw a little smile peak through his cold expression. inside, he was thrilled; outside, he acted coldly but still took on the offer.

it was the perfect night to peacefully read, the other's were sound asleep, and as usual, you and loki remained awake.

loki had already read some of it, catching up to where you were so you could read it together and possibly finish it in the same night.

currently, you were enveloped in his arms, his silky, slightly tired voice reading word for word with grace and delicacy.

"she admired him, "i love you, dear."
smiling, "the moon looks lovely tonight." solace."

"why did he not say 'i love you back'" you question, slightly irritated.
"he did." loki chuckles, putting the completed book on the side, pulling you closer and under the covers.

"saying the moon looks lovely means that he loves her too."
"how on earth do you know that, shakespeare?"
he smiles, "no idea."
"bet you secretly read romance in your own time, huh?" you joke, poking his chest.
"mm." he mumbles, "definitely." loki's eyes flutter, he could barely keep his eyes open.

you shuffle closer to him, his head consciously burying into your neck.
smiling, "the moon does look beautiful tonight, doesn't it?"
you could feel his smile, "it looks dashing."