+Chapter 3+

The bell had dismissed everyone for lunch and now Chenle was in the canteen with a tray of food in his hands, searching for a seat. It seemed like everybody had their own 'group' of people to sit with while Chenle was alone, standing in the middle of the canteen. Frowning, Chenle turned around to make his way to the library, but accidentally ran into someone. He hadn't noticed the person in front of him as his face was directed to ground. Only now did he look up and realize he bumped into someone, spilling his food as the other fumed. 

"Hey! Watch where you're going, pumpkin head!" Chenle looked up to the male who had black hair that fell over his forehead, his cheekbones prominent and his temper seemingly short. Chenle was alarmed. He didn't mean for any of this to happen and now the entire canteen had eyes on him. He doesn't like attention,no he despises it. 

"I-I d-didn't mean t-to," Chenle stared down, too afraid to look into the other's eyes. "Yeah? Well look where that got you! You owe me," the other boy furiously spat, obviously not taking any guilt into consideration. 

"Mark!" another voice was heard, heavy footsteps gradually getting closer. "What the hell is your problem?"

"Oh, just butt out Donghyuck," the boy, named Mark rolled his eyes at the tanned male who gently grabbed Chenle's arm, pulling him behind him. "No!"

"This little brat just spilled food all over me!" the boy, named Mark had exclaimed in fury. "I-it w-was an accident! I-i promise," Chenle felt tears prickling at his eyes. Donghyuck gave Chenle a reassuring smile, tapping his head and quickly changed expressions once looking back at Mark, "Leave him alone. He's new here."

"I don't care where the hell he came from! He owes me," Mark claimed, swiping the food off of his shirt. Chenle kept his head low, but noticed a familiar figure in the distance, eating a pack of gummy bears. "Thank goodness. Jisung, control your friend," Donghyuck said, eyeing Mark intensely. Mark and Donghyuck were now having a stare off until Jisung pulled Mark back, observing the boy's dirtied shirt and looking back at the smaller boy behind Donghyuck, already understanding what happened. 

Shoving the gummy bears in his pants pocket after popping one in his mouth, Jisung spoke calmly. "Alright, Mark. Let's just go to the infirmary and get you a clean shirt." Breaking his stare off of the two younger boys, he scoffed and pointed at Chenle, "He should be the one getting it for me!"

"What is he your servant? I think not," Donghyuck stepped in, swatting Mark's arm down. "I don't care," Mark said, invading Donghyuck's space. Getting closer to Mark's face, he placed a finger on top of Mark's shoulder, shoving him back. "You have legs, get it your damn self."

"You little-" before Mark could touch Donghyuck, Jisung grabbed him and pulled him towards the exit. Once they were out of sight, Donghyuck turned to Chenle to make sure he is okay. Chenle nodded and gave a nervous smile. "If he bullies you again, come get me," Donghyuck informed the younger who was quick to shake his head, but Donghyuck wasn't having it. "No, you tell me." And with that, Chenle reluctantly nodded his head. 

After eating lunch, that Donghyuck offered to buy since his was spilled, they made their way back to the classroom to relax a bit before the next class starts. Their were only a few students in the classroom, practically leaving the whole room to themselves before Chenle's favorite subject begins, art. 

"He's hot isn't he," Donghyuck spoke, making dreamy eyes into space as Chenle choked on the air. Donghyuck quickly went behind Chenle getting ready to do the Heimlich. His hands pressed against the younger's stomach, getting ready to proceed. "Stop! No, I'm fine!" Chenle squirmed away from Donghyuck's grasp as the older sighed in relief. "Phew, you scared me," Donghyuck said, wiping the nonexistent sweat off his forehead. 

"Anyways, he's hot, right?" Donghyuck repeated for the second time and Chenle tilted his head. "Who?"

"Mark, silly" Chenle made an 'o' shape with his lips and shook his head no. "No way. He's a jerk!" Donghyuck laughed and nodded his head, "That he is, but he's my jerk." 

"Um, pop off I guess?"

"Now you're speaking my language!" Donghyuck said as they both laughed. "Mark can be cold, but he really can be sweet when he wants to be so don't be intimidated by him." Chenle mentally took note of sun kissed male's words. "One of these days, he will acknowledge my feelings. I've liked him since we were younger so he can't run away from me. All three of us have, actually."

"Three of you?" Chenle questioned.

"Yeah! Mark, Jisung, and I have always been together since we were little!" Donghyuck explained how they always used to play together when they had the chance. "How do you know Jisung?" Chenle asked as Donghyuck smirked, causing Chenle to disregard what he was saying and shaking his head. "I-I mean t-them. How do you know them?"

"Have a thing for my cousin, huh?" Donghyuck's smirked still plastered on his face as Chenle's eyes widened. "C-cousin?!" Donghyuck proudly nodded his head and gave the orange head a wink. "I-i didn't know. I was just asking I-I swear!" Chenle panicked. 

"Nonsense, I'll help you pursue him. Don't you worry," Donghyuck spoke with a sly smile and nudged Chenle's shoulder who looked away immediately with crimson cheeks.

-🎨-

Donghyuck playing the role as matchmaker haha

What are your thoughts? I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! Thank you for reading!

Please stay safe, happy, and healthy<3

Much love...x