+Chapter 9+

A couple weeks had gone by fast and Donghyuck, Yangyang, and Chenle were as close as ever. There wasn't any progress between Donghyuck and Mark's relationship as well as Jisung and Chenle's.

Ever since that day at the mall, Chenle would get mini bursts of confidence but then chicken out a few seconds afterwards. Jisung found Chenle's attempts cute. The younger has also gotten braces last weekend, thanks to Mark and his big mouth.

His teeth has always been something he's been self conscious about. His whole family didn't need braces because their teeth were fairly straight, but no. Not his, he just had to be the one out of a million. At least it was something that can be fixed if wanted. He hopes to get them off before senior year ends next year.

Yangyang and Chenle were riding their bikes to school until they had to go their separate ways, in separate buildings.
"I'll see you later. If someone bullies you, tell Donghyuck and me," Yangyang spoke after giving the younger a hug.

"But you wouldn't be able to do anything about it since you're in the other school," Chenle tilted his head in confusion and Yangyang just smiled.

"You'd be surprised," Yangyang responded before taking his leave.
"What's that supposed to mean?!" Chenle shouted at the older who continued to make his way to his school. Chenle just shrugged and attached his bike to the school rack, chaining it.

After lunch, both Donghyuck and Chenle were back inside the classroom, waiting for Mr. Park to arrive for their art class. As if on cue, the teacher had just arrived and instructed everyone to take out their sketchbooks and begin their work.

Chenle pulled out his art show application from his folder that was in his bag and Donghyuck squealed.
"Oh my gosh! You're going to do it?!" Donghyuck excitedly asked to which Chenle responded with a nod and stood up with his form in his hand.

Chenle warily made his way to the teacher's desk, making sure he doesn't bump into to anyone.
"E-excuse me? Mr. Park?" Chenle spoke politely and Mr. Park raised his head from the drawings he was grading.

"Ah, good afternoon, Chenle! How may I help you?" Mr. Park responded and Chenle handed him his application.
"You've signed up I see. Thank you for your application. Progress report cards are coming in by the end of this week so you'll be able to see if you're still qualified for the show or not."

Chenle bowed and headed back to his seat, where Donghyuck was waiting with his chin resting on his clasped hands.

Progress report cards. It's not the same as report cards, but they are slightly similar. Both entail a student's grade mark for their classes. Progress report cards are given out in the middle of the semester, to see how a student is progressing in their class before the final grade of the semester, which are the report cards.

Report cards come out at the very end of the semester and they play a huge role in a student's transcript as well as their GPA. A sixty five percent is just passing and anything below that is failing. If a student was to fail the same class for two semesters, they'd either be held back or have to attend summer schooling.

The only way they'd be able to make it up without having to be held back or attend summer school, would be passing the last two semesters with a C as well as passing the final exams.

Chenle was nervous. He's read the details for the requirements in taking part of the art show, which requires a student to be at or above the passing mark. Chenle is pretty decent in every class, passing his classes with at least an 75%. His academic ability is something he is not confident in, especially in math.