+Chapter 11+

(a/n: Mark is so smol I just wanna put him in my pocket)

*two years ago*

Chenle was a freshman in high school. He got along with just about anybody, or so that's what he thinks. The people at his school despised him. Despised him to the point that they'd make an edited video clip of something personal Chenle has said and done.

Or maybe it wasn't something he's done at all and possibly a rumor instead. Either way, the younger wasn't aware as it was uploaded on social media since he didn't have any of that yet.

Chenle happened to know a lot of things about the people he went to high school with. And it's not because he's some stalker, it just happened to be a coincidence that he's seen and heard all of these things.

Sure he could've done stuff to prevent it, like leaving the area or simply blocking everything out so that he can mind his business. But he didn't. What could he say? He is a curious teenager.

There was one specific group of friends he'd always try to stick around. And that group consisted of four boys: Kun, Lucas, Ten, and WinWin. They were a year older than the smaller boy and Chenle has always found their friend group to be fascinating, he was very fond of them.

He actually had his first crush on one of the them, Lucas. He doesn't know why, but he always found himself invested in the older and his friends.

The group of boys were very talented in the arts. Chenle happened to attend an assembly, where different clubs and activities would perform in the beginning of the school year.

That was also the same day, Chenle had discovered that Kun, WinWin, Ten, and Lucas were part of the dance team. So when applications and submissions were available, Chenle made sure he was one of the first ones to grab it and sign up.

His parents were a bit hesitant to forward their signature on the dance team application since they didn't think Chenle would be interested in something like this. Nonetheless, they agreed to sign him up if it made the boy happy and Chenle made sure to hand in his form the next day.

Throughout the first semester of his freshmen year, Chenle has been pestering the older boys and following them around because he wanted to be apart of their friend group. He just wanted to fit in and make friends.

During dance practice, which Chenle surprised himself with a talent that he didn't know he had, the other boys would make excuses to not be around him. Chenle knew too much, too much personal information that they didn't like.

They felt exposed, open and they didn't like it one bit. They didn't want their secrets and information they keep private to be exposed to the public because Chenle couldn't keep his mouth shut. But what they didn't know is that Chenle would never do something like that on purpose.

"Hi guys! Can I join your groups dance routine?" Chenle said, extra bubbly that day since he heard about a performance coming up for their club.

The four boys, who were getting ready to start practicing, looked at each other.
"Sorry, our team is full. Try there's," Kun, a boy who's passion was to produce music, shut him down while pointed to the other students.

The group of boys walked over to the other side of the gymnasium, which was where their dance practices were held. But Chenle didn't give up, he skipped over to the boys once again.