Curiosity

It had been about a week since you had found Ryan. Seeing as you two were reunited, you didn't have to live with Steven anymore and could finally go back home, which both excited and disappointed you. Of course, this didn't break the bond the two of you had at all. Even though you weren't living together, you both somehow managed to see each other every single day, and almost always ended up at one of your houses at the end of the day anyway.

"Alright, so who's place tomorrow?" Ryan laughed as you were on the porch waving goodbye to Steven. You turned around, giggling along with him as he rested his elbow on your shoulder. You both walked back into the house, still chuckling. You jumped onto the couch and Ryan sat in the chair across from you. "He's a good one (N/N). I'm sorry for being so hard on you when I-"

"It's okay, Ryan," you started, stopping your brother from apologizing for what seemed like the hundredth time. "I already told you, I forgive you! Think about it. If you hadn't screwed up that night, I wouldn't have met Steven, so I'm grateful for that. I've seen and learned so much since that night-really. It's okay! Don't beat yourself up about it anymore, okay?" you rushed over to give your big brother a hug, which he gladly accepted. 

"Thank you, (Y/N). Thank you.." Ryan said softly, pulling back from the hug. "Here's an idea, what if we watched some cartoons, like old times?" You eagerly jumped up and turned on the TV to one of your old favorites, and you both sat there watching, making snarky comments all throughout. It was a fun night. As the seventh episode ended, you decided you should go to bed. It was starting to get late, and you had school the next day. You got in bed and drifted off to sleep, and you slept well that night, despite missing the warmth next to you. 

(time skip to the morning)

You rushed out of bed, missing your alarm. You ran into the kitchen, hurriedly grabbing a quick breakfast and getting ready as quickly as possible. You threw on a (f/c) sweatshirt and jeans, slipping on some sneakers. "Ryan? I'm going!" you shouted, grabbing your keys. He ran into the room, his hair still a mess. 

"Have a good day, and I'll be here when you get home." he smiled, ruffling your hair.

You laughed, straightening your hair back to the way it was. "I will! Try to stay out of trouble today!" you exclaimed, darting out the door and making your way to the school courtyard. There was a slight breeze blowing and the air felt nice. The atmosphere around you lifted your spirits and your step became slightly peppier as you continued to walk towards the courtyard. When you arrived, you looked around for Steven, but instead saw Connie waving you over. It seemed odd, but you rolled with it. It was a Friday after all, and that added with your good mood made it pretty difficult to question her motives. You ran over to where she was sitting and smiled.

"(Y/N)!! I have a very important message for you!" she exclaimed, pulling out an envelope from her pocket. 

"A message? For me? From who?" you asked, your smile faltering slightly in confusion. She handed you the envelope with a cheeky grin on her face and watched as you opened it. Inside of it was a piece of paper, a letter. 

Hey, meet me on the beach tonight. There's something I want to show you. 

-Steven 

You stared at the letters, frankly confused. You looked back up to question Connie, only to find that she had run off in the other direction. Frantically, you looked around for either of them. Starting to run in the direction Connie went as the first-period bell started screaming at everyone to go to class. 

"Darn it!" you thought. Not only would it be another few class periods before you'd see either of them to ask what was going on, but there wasn't even a guaranteed chance they'd show up to lunch! This whole ordeal was starting to seem sneakier and sneakier, as expected of Steven. You knew how he loved surprises, but still! The anticipation of waiting all day was going to be rough (because when is waiting for something ever calm?) Trying to brush the thought aside, you ran into the doors of the school, desperate to get to class on time. 

The first couple of periods dragged on and on, and it became even harder not to think about what was supposedly happening tonight. As lunchtime drew near, you made sure to get to the cafeteria early, hoping to spot Connie and Steven ahead of time. As you walked into the room, you saw the both of them sitting at the usual table, like nothing was going on at all. Very suspicious...

You walked up to them anyway and sat down next to Steven, like normal, and lunch went on completely like a normal day. Nobody was acting strange or anything! They were really working to pull this whole thing off, but what was that "thing?" Ugh! It was eating at you all day trying to figure it out, and you had to use all your might to restrain from asking about it at lunch. Thankfully, you were able to manage until the end of the hour, saying goodbye to your friends and going about the rest of the school day.

However, when the last bell rang, you practically bolted home. Things needed to be done, brothers needed to be informed, and outfits needed to be chosen with help from the latter. As you burst through the door, you threw your book sack onto the couch and paced around the living room, excitedly trying to ramble everything off to Ryan. 

"Wait, wait. Slow down. Just give me the note and get a drink of water," he said as you nodded and handed him the paper. As you were downing a glass of water, Ryan gasped in excitement and ran over to give you a hug. "This is awesome (Y/N)! We gotta get you ready!!"

(cue the getting-ready-montage-time-skip) 

Once you were ready, you took one last look before taking a deep breath. "Well, I think I'm ready to go! I can't wait to finally figure out what they've been planning!" you said, grabbing your purse. 

"Let me know how everything goes when you get home! I'm dead serious, if I'm asleep you have full permission to shake me awake to tell me everything," he said with a laugh. Laughing along with him, you gave him a quick hug and made your way out the door and down the boardwalk, the anxiety and butterflies starting to build up. Looking around the moonlight dusted sand as you made your way onto it, you spotted those oh-so-familiar black curls and smiled. 

"Steven!"

He turned around with a soft smile, his arms outstretched.

"There you are, my love." 

+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+

(A/N)

HELLO, LOVELY FOLKS DANG ITS BEEN A WHILE HASN'T IT??

I am so terribly sorry for how long it took me to get a new chapter out. I mean, I haven't posted since what, like November? So much has been going on in my life since then, and I just couldn't find the time to write and get good content onto the page. But, things have settled down now, and I was finally able to get things done! I will drop a slight disclaimer, and I know it sucks. I don't think I'll ever be able to get my upload schedule back to the way it was, gosh hard to believe it was almost a year ago.

Writing isn't as easy for me as it used to be, because my writing style has matured slightly. I find it hard now to just write how I used to and be able to get things done quickly, because now I'm constantly going back and trying to change things and make them sound right, which is quite a contrast to how things used to be. I hope you'll all bear with me as I try to get (actual good) content out to you guys as soon as I can. 

With that, I must conclude this, most likely way too long, A/N most of you probably skipped over. I hope you all enjoyed this one and I hope you'll enjoy what's to come as well! And, as always...

I'll see you all next chapter! 

~fandomxgirlx <3