Control

Steven sat on his couch, his legs bouncing up and down as fast as possible. It was almost seven and there was no sign of you. He knew you would have let him know if you weren't coming. He checked his phone, probably for the fiftieth time that hour, and was greeted by the same screen. No texts, no calls, just the terrible reminder of the time. 

Seven o'clock rolled around. Nothing. You weren't there. "Maybe she needs time to get her things? I'm sure she'll be here soon, right?" Steven said out loud to himself as he paced around the main area. 

An hour later, still nothing. "Alright, that's it. I'm going to go look for her," Steven said. He went upstairs to grab his jacket when he heard the door slam open downstairs. "(Y/n)?" he yelled as he ran down the stairs. 

"Steven! There you are! We have a huge problem!" Peridot yelled back frantically. 

"Peridot? What's going on?" Steven asked, his worry only growing.

"There have been reports of an unidentified gem escaping from captivity in Homeworld, and we just caught a MAJOR wave of magic energy coming from the city!" Peridot exclaimed as she showed Steven the readings on her tablet. 

"Oh no. Oh no no no. Why here? Why now?" Steven groaned. He couldn't look for this new gem and you at the same time. "Where is the center of the energy located?"

"Riiiiight here," Peridot pointed to a dot on a map of Beach City. She was surprised to see Steven glow bright pink when he saw the dot. "Steven? Are you, okay?"

"That-that's not...Where are the gems! We might need backup!" Steven said as he headed to the door, Peridot trailing behind him. 

"Already on their way there. Steven, why are you so freaked out?" Peridot asked as they started running on the beach. 

"That gem, she's at my friend's house! I gotta make sure nothing happens to (y/n)!" Steven said as they continued running. As they drew closer to your house, they could see what appeared to be a faint white glow emitting from it. Peridot and Steven rushed over to the gems. "Guys, what is going on?" Steven asked as he looked back and forth between the gems and your house. 

"The gem in there, she's one of White's assistants from Era 2! She seems to be a Howlite, but I thought Homeworld had gotten rid of all of them before the rebellion began. I don't know how she escaped, but she somehow got here," Pearl said as Peridot typed on her tablet.

"Howlite, found it," Peridot started as she began to read her reference sheet to everyone. "These gems have mind healing properties and were used in Era 1 to help calm the diamonds down. However, if the gem is cracked, they tend to use these powers in the wrong way, taking the feelings and amplifying them. It also said that if pieces of shattered Howlite are added to a rejuvenator, the tool would be capable of," she gasped, "erasing the memories of any form of life in the galaxy."

"No, no, no, no! This can't be happening," Steven said as tears dared to prick at the corners of his eyes. He paced around and put his hands on forehead.

"Steven, bud, are you alright?" Amethyst asked walking up to him. 

"No. Guys, this is-this is (y/n)'s house. What if that gem got her? I-I don't want to-" Steven began.

Garnet whipped out her gauntlets. "What are we doing then!" She punched the door down to reveal you facing the opposite way from the door. The Howlite gem sat in the air, her legs crossed and her mouth forming a smirk.

"Hm hm hm, just in time. Take of them for me hun," she said as she snapped her fingers. Steven looked over to you. A white glow shocked you and you turned around to reveal yourself. You looked scarily like the gem standing next to you. Your skin stayed the same, but your hair, clothes, and shoes matched Howlite's. Your eyes glowed white as Howlite snapped again and you went completely under her control.