Expect the Unexpected

Needless to say, you slept really well that night. Steven snuggled you the whole night, his light breathing and heartbeat lulling you off into a trance. However, you woke up the next morning feeling kind of odd. Steven was still fast asleep next to you, so there wasn't much you could do to investigate the problem. But then, you felt something. It was-oh no. Hold it, hold it, hold it....

"ACHOO!" You sneezed, immediately covering your mouth and closing your eyes. You heard a yelp, and opened your eyes to see Steven on the floor. "Steven!"

"It's okay, I'm alright. Just startled me," he chuckled. He hopped back in the bed and kissed your forehead. "How are you always so beautiful," he asked quietly, caressing your cheek.

You blushed and smiled. However, your smile faltered when you saw Steven move his hand to your forehead. "S-steven?" You noticed a frown form on his face.

"Love, you're sick."

"N-no I'm not! I just got a little fuzz in my nose!" you attempted to prove to him, only to sneeze right after.

"Sure, tell that to your fever," he said, getting up. You went to follow suit, only for Steven to notice and swoop you back into his bed. "(Y/N), I'm not letting you get out of this bed. You're-"

"Don't say it!"

"You're sick." he said, laying you down and ruffling your hair. You groaned and laid back in bed, crossing your arms and looking away from him.

"I'm not even that c-cold," you muttered.

"As much as I'd love to believe you, I can't. I know this is my fault, and I'm not going to let you get worse," he said, grabbing a blanket and laying it on top of you.

"What do you mean? How is this your fault?"

"I dared you to stand outside in the rain yesterday. You must have caught a cold or something," Steven said as he sat on the bed next to you. He gazed at you, his eyes full of guilt.

"Steven, don't beat yourself up about it. If anything this is my fault. I was the one who suggested the game in the first place," you said, attempting to sit up, only to be pained by a headache and fall back into the pillows.

"Well, regardless, I feel bad. Do you need me to get you anything?" he asked, running his hand over your forehead.

"Something for my fever, and maybe some tea," you said, wincing at your pounding head.

"Alright, I'll be right back. Don't go anywhere, ok?" he chuckled.

"I don't think I could if I wanted to," you laughed as he headed downstairs.

_________________________________

Steven came back not too long after with the tea and medicine. He handed you the pill with a bottle of water. "This'll help with the fever and headache," he said as he handed them to you. "Do you need help sitting up?"

"I think I'll be okay," you said as you sat up from the bed. You took the medicine as quickly as possible and chased it with a big gulp of water. You cringed as you felt the pill go down your throat, and Steven squeezed your hand when he noticed this.

"Are you alright?"

"Yeah, I just hate taking medicine," you laughed, reaching for the tea. You realized your arms were feeling kind of weak reaching over for it, and so did Steven. He picked up the cup and lifted it to your face, allowing you to take a sip. You finished and wiped your lips. The warm tea relaxed your body and you started feeling slightly better. "I might go back to sleep to try to rest this off if that's alright with you."