Downpour

You woke up the next morning in a daze. Most of last night was fuzzy after the sunset. You stretched as you sat up and noticed your position. Apparently neither of you decided it would be practical to sleep like normal people, because you fell asleep in the same position you watched that movie in. Steven was still laying with his head on your lap, with you leaning against the pillows behind you. You yawned as quietly as you could, but this proved to no avail because Steven started to move around.

"Mmmph," you heard him whine as he turned to his other side and attempted to bury his head in the crook of your knee. You stroked his hair and watched as he smiled in his sleep. It felt so good to see him happy again after the events of yesterday. You carefully reached over to the side of the bed to grab your phone and immediately went to check your messages. Every day you hoped to see that little bubble next to your brother's name, but as usual nothing was there. You decided to take your mind off of that and goof around on the games you had as you waited for Steven to wake up.

(Steven's POV)

I didn't want to wake up. I was peacefully asleep, no nightmares, with the love of my life. But, it's kind of hard to stay asleep when a ringtone starts blaring through your ears. I groaned as I opened my eyes and rolled over to face the ceiling. "Gah! Steven I'm sorry! I should have turned my ringer off!"

"It's okay. I needed to get up anyway. Morning beautiful," I said, sitting up and kissing her forehead. We cringed as the phone went off again. "Just turn it off."

"I did," she said, showing me her phone. The switch was off.

"Is it mine? But it's all the way downstairs," I said, trailing my eyes over to the door.

"You must have the volume up all the way," she said, standing up. I rubbed my eyes and got up as well, stretching a bit.

"It's probably just close to the door or something. I'll go grab it real quick," I said, rubbing my eyes as I walked towards the door. I trudged downstairs and looked around for my phone. I saw it on the couch, buzzing away, so I looked to see who would be calling me so early. It was Connie. I answered her.

"Steven? Finally!"

"Hey Connie, what's up?"

"Is (Y/N) with you?"

"No, she's upstairs. Why?"

"I got the greatest idea for that thing you wanted to do for her! I'll text you the details later, but..."

Then we talked for a bit in hushed tones about the surprise I was planning for (Y/N). I didn't want anything to ruin it. And with Connie helping me, I knew it was going to be perfect.

Your POV

Steven had been downstairs for a while now. You could only assume he was on the phone because you could hear talking. You bumbled around his room for a while before you went back outside on the balcony, leaving the door open and making sure not to get distracted again. You looked around to take in the surroundings of the day. It was a little dark, and a breeze blew through, making you shiver a bit. You looked up at the sun and took in the light, sitting down. It felt refreshing and you took in a deep breath as you began to hum a little.

(Steven's POV)

"Alright. Sounds like a plan. I'll talk to you later Connie."

"Okay. Bye!" she said, ending the call. Oh man this is going to be the best! I started to head back upstairs, but halfway up, I heard a familiar humming noise. I stayed on the stairs and listened closely. Ah, I knew that humming anywhere. It was (Y/N)! I sat down on the stairs and just listened to her for a while. I don't know how she does it, but she's somehow the only thing in this crazy world that can calm me down. Her voice..........it's...... so..........