Restart

You stood in what seemed to be a cave, the most clueless you had ever been. Who was this boy in front of you and who was the gem standing behind him. And why were you even here? "(Y/n)? It's me. Steven? Steven Universe?" Steven asked.

"Well hi. I never thought I'd get to meet you but wow. I'm, well I guess you already know, but um how exactly do you know me?" you asked him confused. 

"You don't, remember me?" Steven asked, a bit hurt.

"I'm sorry, no? I don't think we've met before," you said back, cocking an eyebrow confused. You knew who this boy was, but meeting him? Sure, it had always been a dream of yours, but he was acting as if it had actually happened. 

"What did you do to her?" Steven asked the gem behind him. She bit her lip and looked at the ground. 

"I used a special rejuvenator and may or may not have erased her memories of you from the day you two met. I'm sorry!" she blurted out, sounding really hurt. You tensed up, your eyes feeling huge. 

"Um, I'm-I'm sorry. Y-you did w-what to me?" you started backing away. This was all way too much to take in. Steven noticed you moving away and he acted accordingly. 

"Hey, hey it's okay. We'll figure out how to fix all this, you just have to trust me," Steven said as he slowly walked up to you. You didn't know if you should believe this boy or not. You thought about your options. You could either believe him and risk certain doom, unless he's telling the truth you'd get a missing part of  you life back, or you could go back to your house and live in paranoia as you hope for the possible return of your brother. It was clearly obvious what you had to do. 

"O-Okay," you sighed as you walked back up to them. Steven nodded and took your hand in his. You blushed feeling, comforted, to say the least. The three of you walked out of the cave and back to the beach. You saw three figures convened there: a tall magenta woman with a block-shaped head,  a slightly shorter one with coral hair sitting on the sand, and a short purple one sitting next to her. "Who's-"

"You'll see," Steven said as he ran to them, holding your hand with one and waving at the people with the other. "Guys!"

"Steven!" They all shouted in unison. The two on the ground got up and they all ran him, smothering him in hugs.

"(Y/n)! You okay?" the purple one asked you. 

"Yes?" you answered befuddled. You looked back at Steven, showing him your predicament. Before Steven could explain what happened, that gem you were with before walked up behind them. The women summoned weapons almost instantly, and you and the gem both flinched, only you added a scream as well. 

"Guys! Stop! Everything's chill. She's not gonna hurt us. I'll explain everything inside," Steven said as the gems stared at him, lost, as he ushered all of you toward a beach house. The gem didn't follow. Steven noticed and turned around. "You coming?"

"Ah, no thanks. I've got a place. Thanks for the invitation though," she said before flying off. Steven shrugged then continued walking to his house.

When you got there, you were dumbfounded. The house looked incredible for its size. "(Y/n), why don't you go take a shower? It's getting kind of late," Steven suggested. 

"Yeah. A shower sounds nice right about now. Where's the bathroom?" you asked. Steven pointed towards the door. 

"I'll go get the clothes you slept in last night," Steven said as he headed upstairs. He came back down a minute later with a pile of clothes. You took them and walked into the bathroom. You got into the shower and turned on the hot water. You couldn't help but hum a little tune. However, it felt more off than usual. Something about this seemed so familiar...