Panic

You woke up at around 3 am, shaking and in a cold sweat. Your sleep seemed so dazed, since you had gone to bed so late, and all of the things that had happened before. You couldn't tell if you had had a nightmare, or you were just worried about Ryan. Sure, he was being a jerk, but he was still your brother. You slipped out bed and went to walk down the hall to Ryan's room to check on him. You were surprised you left your door open, considering you were terrified of something getting you in the night. You went out the door to go down the hall but were met with a set of stairs which, to your dismay, you didn't realize were there. You tumbled down and landed on the floor by Steven's couch with a loud thud, waking Steven up. You then remembered you weren't at your house, but at Steven's instead.

Steven jumped out of bed, worried because you weren't in his room. He ran downstairs to see you sprawled out on the floor, clutching your ankle. "Are you okay?" he asked you groggily. His face looked worried.

"I think I mighta just broke my ankle," you said, blinking back tears. You didn't want to cry in front of Steven again, but you were in pain, and it was getting to be difficult. You felt another sharp pain down your foot and you cringed and grabbed it again, hiding your face just in case you shed a tear.

Steven immediately noticed you were in pain, and he knew what to do. How to do it was the question. "Can I see it?" he asked with a reassuring look on his face. You nodded, confused, and you let go of your leg and winced as he set it down on the floor. Steven could tell you were scared, so he held his hand out, a sweet smile on his face. "You wanna hold my hand?"

"Y-yeah," you winced out, still in pain. He gently grabbed your hand and you clasped your fingers around his. Steven blushed a bit as he turned around. He looked at your foot and decided what he wanted to do. He bent down to your foot, giving it a light kiss. You both watched as your foot started to glow pink and sparkle. You tried to back away, a little scared of what was happening. Steven let go of your hand and put it around your shoulder, trying to let you know everything was okay. Regardless, you still didn't know what was going on.

The glow faded away, as did the pain in your foot. Steven pulled you towards your feet. You stood up firmly, waved your foot around, then jumped back and into a pirouette. You lifted your foot back up and looked at it again. "How did you-" you began, your eyes wide.  Steven wasn't sure if you knew about his healing powers, which was strange considering you knew about his other powers. 

"It's ok. I have healing powers. I just healed your foot," he said, reassuringly. You looked up at him, your eyes sparkling. All this magic stuff, it was so interesting, cool even. You had always loved any and all things mystical. Now you had this magical friend and it just felt like your dreams were becoming a reality. 

You both just kept looking at each other in a trance until a buzzing noise broke the comfortable silence. You looked over at the counter, seemingly where the sound was coming from, to see a light. Steven remembered, "Oh yeah, that's where I plugged your phone up." You went to get up to go check it, but Steven was already upon his feet ready to grab it for you. He escorted you to the couch, then he went to get your phone. What a gentleman...

He came back to the couch and sat next to you, handing you your phone. You turned it on, rubbing your eyes from the blinding (f/c) light resonating from your lock screen. You unlocked your phone and immediately saw 25 messages from your brother.

-------------

Ryan

WHERE ARE YOU

GET HOME. NOW

YOU ARE IN SO MUCH TROUBLE

?

?