Speed, Standing Up, and Suspicion

You and Steven approached your school, still holding hands and your smiles wide. You walked to Steven's locker first. He opened his door to reveal his neatly organized books. You looked over at his locker door to see various pictures. The one at the top showed Steven standing next to a man with long hair and in a tank top. The one under that showed him next to the guy who took your order at the Big Donut, a shorter girl with blonde hair, and another girl around Steven's height with darker skin and short hair. The next picture was of three ladies. The one on the left was super pale. She had coral hair and was wearing a teal jacket. The tallest one in the middle was dark pink. Her hair was dark and in the shape of a square, and she had visors that covered most of her face. The one on the right was the shortest. She was purple, her hair a lighter shade of purple. 

"Who's that?" you ask Steven, pointing towards the photo. Steven saw the photo you were motioning to, and he got excited.

"Those are the gems!" he exclaimed. He pointed towards the tall one in the middle. "That's Garnet," he said, moving over to the right. "That's Amethyst, and the one on the left is Pearl. They're kind of like my moms. They live with me, but they've been on a trip for the last few days, so that's why they weren't at home last night. They might be back home tonight though, so you might get to meet them," Steven explained with stars in his eyes. He practically skipped walking with you to your locker. You opened your door to get your things while Steven looked at the various things on your locker door.

You had a mirror at the top with a little cup next to it holding a brush and a few hair ties. Below that, you had a few stray magnets and under that was a clip magnet holding a few pieces of paper. Steven slid to the side of you and picked up a page. You blushed for a second and quickly turned around to see what he was holding. He titled his head and smiled with a 'what's this' expression as he handed you the sheet. "These are just some recipes for some dishes I want to try out. I actually haven't cooked in a while, now that I think about it," you said staring at the sheet before hanging it back up. You looked up at the clock. "Oh shoot, the bell's about to ring."

"Well we better hurry then, huh?" Steven put an arm around you and suddenly everything around you was going in slow motion. Steven smirked as he saw you look around in shock. "Cool, isn't it?"

"Super speed? What powers DON'T you have?" you asked laughing, making sure to still hold on. "We could have just walked to class you know," you said as you arrived at your first-hour class. 

"Sure, but this was way cooler. I mean c'mon!" Steven started to crack a smile as he saw you laugh at his little comment before you blushed and pushed your hair back. "I'll see you at lunch?"

"Sure. I'll find you!" you said before going into your classroom. Steven went to his, and you each spent each class before lunch thinking about each other, all whilst trying to focus on your classwork.

~timeskip~

You walked out of your class and to your locker to put your things away. You stared at your clump of recipes hanging on the locker door. You really did miss cooking. You used to cook for your brother all the time, and couldn't remember why you stopped in the first place. You closed the door with a sharp breath in as you remembered your brother. You had never been more worried about him. Had he actually tried to die? There's no possible way, right? 

You shook out the negative thoughts as you walked down the hall to the stairs that led to where Steven's locker was. Steven snuck a glance at you as you walked down the stairs, a smile forming on his face, and butterflies forming in his stomach. He closed his door and flashed you a big smile as you were next to him. "How was class?" he asked.

"Good, but MAN am I hungry," you said as you could practically hear your stomach rumbling. Or was it your stomach? You began to have second thoughts as you heard some very familiar footsteps behind you. "Ugh, not this again," you mumbled, biting your lip and clenching the bottom of the pink jacket you were wearing.